Subject: [scim] Question about the field meta on ...core:2.0:Schema

From: rafael <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 10:35:18 -0300

Hi, Good Morning.
I’m developing a SCIM compliant server and I found something maybe
ambiguous on RFC 7643.
As we can find in section 3.1
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc7643#section-3.1

Each SCIM resource (Users, Groups, etc.) includes the following
   common attributes.  With the exception of the "ServiceProviderConfig"
   and "ResourceType" server discovery endpoints and their associated
   resources

But the RFC has the Schema Definition Schema as a discovery endpoint
too (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc7643#section-10.4) and
the paragraph above does not exempt the Schema from having the meta
field.
On the other hand, in section 7
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc7643#section-7 the Schema
definition does not have the meta field and in section 8.7.2 the
schema example does not have the meta as well.

I've found issues about it on some products described as SCIM
compliant, an example is the IdentityNow from SailPoint that obligates
the field meta on the /Schema, but the project
https://github.com/elimity-com/scim that is a SCIM server
implementation does not provide the meta on /Schema.

Because of that, I would like to know which is correct.

Thanks a lot and have a great week.

-- 
Rafael Otero Reinert