Subject: Association initialization

From: Morten Laursen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 12:54:39 +0200

Hi,

I've got a couple of questions about association initializion:

1) The specification doesn't mention anything about what to do if you do not
wish to accept an association. To me it seems reasonable to send an abort,
but because there is no matching error cause I'm uncertain if that is not
how it is supposed to be done?

I notice that lksctp (in linux 2.5.41) send an abort with verification tag
0. Is it legal to use verification tag 0 when you know the peer's
verification tag (since you got the init chunk)?

2) What is the point of being able to choose an initial TSN instead of
always using 0, when we can use the verification tags to distinguish old
associations?

Thanks in advance...

Venlig Hilsen / Regards 
Morten

-- 
Morten Laursen, M.Sc.S.E.
RTX Telecom A/S - http://www.rtx.dk/
Direct phone: (+45) 96 32 24 03

---

From: Jon Grimm <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 08:43:13 -0500

Morten Laursen wrote:

Hi Morten,

> verification tag (since you got the init chunk)?

Its a bug in lksctp.  I think its fixed in a patch already, just not
integrated yet.  

The patch for bug 611840 should contain the behavior per the impl.
guide:

 ---------
 New text: (Section 8.4)
 ---------
    3) If the packet contains an INIT chunk with a Verification Tag set
       to '0', process it as described in Section 5.1. If, for whatever
       reason, the INIT can not be processed normally and an ABORT has
to be
       sent in response, the Verification Tag of the packet containing
the
       ABORT chunk MUST be the Initiate tag of the received INIT chunk
       and the T-Bit of the ABORT chunk has to be set to 1 indicating
that
       no TCB was destroyed. Otherwise,

Best Regards,
jon