Subject: Write permission on this list

From: Thomas Dreibholz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 09:59:29 +0100

Hi!

Please disable write permission for unsubscribed users. I regularly receive 
spam from this list!

Best regards
- -- 
=======================================================================
 Dipl.-Inform. Thomas Dreibholz

 University of Essen,                            Room ES210
 Inst. for Experimental Mathematics              Ellernstraße 29
 Computer Networking Technology Group            D-45326 Essen/Germany
- -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 E-Mail:     [email-masked]
 Homepage:   http://www.exp-math.uni-essen.de/~dreibh
=======================================================================

---

From: "Randall Stewart (cisco)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 06:49:55 -0600

Thomas:

... I wish I could.. I asked Cisco ITS if they could please
disable posting from unsubscribed folks.. there answer was that
if you wanted to cut down on spam make the list internal
only (i.e. so that only internal cisco folks could post) :-0

They just did not get it... I may try again when I have some
cycles but fighting the IT dept is a tough thing.. and takes far
more cycles than I currently have..

So far we have not gotten a LOT of spam.. but it WILL come I
know :-0

Maybe before it gets to bad I can find the cycles to fight the IT
battle...

R

Thomas Dreibholz wrote:

>-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>Hash: SHA1
>
>Hi!
>
>-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
>Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
>Comment: For info see http://www.gnupg.org
>
>iD8DBQE902X032BbsHYPLWURArh8AJ0RcmnEnXIJd1HPBGTpfPLxMbXi1ACfQUjT
>pkp8FBjBti5aGd2XkxBVucc=
>=bBPL
>-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>
>  
>

-- 
Randall R. Stewart
ITD
Cisco Systems Inc.
[email-masked] 815-342-5222(cell) or 815-477-2127(office)