Subject: Multihoming with NAT

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 20:03:10 +0530

Hi

The socket draft - 04 no-where specifies an option for user to provide a
hostname for an address. This
creates a problem when a multi-homed endpoint is behind a NAT. As discussed in
sctp applicabilty
statement, this requires a hostname to be sent in INIT/INIT ack.
My question is how to get a hostname for the address provided in sctp-socket
interface.

regards
manish
www.hssworld.com

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.

---

From: "Randall Stewart (cisco)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 13:39:00 -0600

Doing this in the kernel is very very difficult.. (see my earlier email on
this subject).

To get by a nat one can always just send a INIT with no addresses...
After all multi-homing behind a NAT is not going to work anyway..

R

-- 
Randall R. Stewart
ITD
Cisco Systems Inc.
[email-masked] 815-342-5222(cell) or 815-477-2127(office)