Subject: Use of SCTP by a java app

From: "Shekhar Amlekar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 04:49:57 -0700

Hello,

Can a java application use SCTP today ? I think the only protocols available to a java app are TCP and UDP. What then about the new transport protocols coming up ?

Thanks,
Shekhar

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 19:28:39 +0530

hi shekhar

java has a feature that allows you to call native language functions. So
whatever be the protocol,  you can write some wrappers that will allow your java
 applications to unleash the power of sctp and other new protocols.

regards
manish
www.hssworld.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shekhar Amlekar" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 5:19 PM
Subject: Use of SCTP by a java app

Hello,

Can a java application use SCTP today ? I think the only protocols available to
a java app are TCP and UDP. What then about the new transport protocols coming
up ?

Thanks,
Shekhar

DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems
Limited (HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential
information  and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other
than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using,
copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts
no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus.