Subject: Association Deletion !!!!

From: "Vijay Kumar Choudhary" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:51:37 +0530 (India Standard Time)

Hi All,
   Pls see the following scenario.

     HOST1                                                         HOST2
                               INIT
           --------------------------------------------------------------->
                                INIT ACK
            <--------------------------------------------------------------
                                COOKIE ECHO
         
------------------------------------------------------------------>
                                 COOKIE ACK
          <-----------------------------------------------------------------

            Here the association is established and both the endpoints are
exchanging heartbeat.

       Due to some reason, HOST1 closed all the association. The HOST2 is
not  having anyformation of association deletion at the HOST1 and it will
send HEARTBEAT to HOST1.

     After receiving HEARTBEAT, what HOST1 will do? 

     If an ABORT is to be send then what Verification Tag should be used in
the ABORT chunk, Since we dont have the VT of the association.       

Regards,
Vijay

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 01:57:59 -0600

Vijay,

The ABORT is sent with the peer tag and the T-bit set.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦