Subject: [Spam] RESOURCES

From: "Mr.Peter Ofen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 03:14:21

DEPARTMENT OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES     
PLOT 225 KOFO ABAYOMI STREET VICTORIA ISLAND,LAGOS, 
NIGERIA.
DIRECT FAX: 234 1 7590904. TEL; 234 -1- 7763126    

ATTENTION : OWNER/C.E.O

RE: URGENT & CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS PROPOSAL

Dear Sir,

I am Mr.Peter Ofen.Member Contract Award and Verification Committee
of the above stated Department

Terms of Reference

My term of reference involves the award of contracts to Foreign
Multinational Companies and Corporations.

My office is saddled with the responsibility of contract award,
screening, categorization and prioritization of projects embarked
upon by Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) as well as
feasibility studies for selected projects and supervising the project
consultants involved. A breakdown of the fiscal expenditure by this
office as at the end of last fiscal quarter of 2000 indicates that
DPR paid out a whooping sum of US$736M(Seven Hundred And Thirty 
Six
Million, United States Dollars) to successful Foreign contract
beneficiaries. The DPR is now compiling beneficiaries to be paid for
the second Quarter of the2002fiscal year.

The crux of this letter is that the finance/contract department of
the DPR deliberately over –invoiced the contract value of the various
contracts awarded. In the course of disbursements, this department
has been able to accumulate the sum of US$38.2M(Thirty-eight Million,
two hundred Thousand U.S Dollars) as the over-invoiced sum. This
money is currently in a suspense account of the DPR account with the
Debt Reconciliation Committee (DRC). We now seek to process the
transfer of this fund officially as contract payment to you as a
foreign contractor, who will be fronting for us as the beneficiary of
the fund. In this way we can facilitate these funds into your
nominated account for possible investment abroad. We are not allowed
as a matter of government policy to operate any foreign account to
transfer this fund into.

However, for your involvement in assisting us with this transfer into
your nominated account we have evolved a sharing formula as follows:
(1) 20% for you as the foreign partner
(2) 75% for I and my colleagues
(3) 5% will be set aside to defray all incidental expenses both
Locally and Internationally during the course of this transaction.

We shall be relying on your advice as regard investment of our share
in any business in your country. Be informed that this business is
genuine and 100% safe considering the high-power government officials
involved. Send your private fax/telephone numbers. Upon your response
we shall provide you with further information on the procedures. Feel
free to send response by Fax: 234-1-7590904 your response urgently.
All enquiries should be directed to the undersigned by FAX and,E-MAIL
.
Trusting in a good and long lasting business relationship with you.

Sincerely,
Mr.Peter Ofen