Subject: New PR-SCTP draft.

From: "Sellar, Ronnie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 09:03:09 +0100

Randall,

I've had a look at the new draft and wondered if one paragraph should now be
removed.  The paragraph is in section 3.6 dealing with the handling of
FORWARD-TSN chunks.  It states that if the "New Cumulative TSN" is less than
your current cumulative TSN you should silently discard the chunk.

Now that we require F-TSNs to be sacked is this not just an indication that
perhaps your SACK has gone missing and that you may need to resend it.  Just
as if you'd received duplicate data.  Silently discarding the chunk may lead
to the situation we were trying to avoid by using SACKs.

Ronnie 
---
Ronnie Sellar			Artesyn Communications Products
Tel: +44 131 475 7015		Suite 4, 2 Anderson Place
Fax: +44 131 475 7001		Edinburgh EH6 5NP
mailto:[email-masked]	http://www.artesyncp.com

---

From: "Randall Stewart (cisco)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 09:06:49 -0500

>to the situation we were trying to avoid by using SACKs.
Ronnie:

Excellent point.. we really need to not discard the paragraph but
maybe instead specify that you need to respond with a SACK.

R

-- 
Randall R. Stewart
ITD
Cisco Systems Inc.
[email-masked] 815-342-5222(cell) or 815-477-2127(office)