Subject: num_out_streams in SCTP_INITMSG

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 13:51:05 +0530

Hi,

I have a doubt regarding the value returned in num_out_streams for
SCTP_INITMSG socket option while doing getsockopt on a connected socket.
Should this value be the one that is negotiated with the peer or the one
that has been previously configured by call to setsockopt?

regards
Manish
www.hssworld.com

"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited
(HSS) and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. It may contain  privileged or confidential information and
should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is
intended. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. HSS accepts no responsibility for
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this
email including damage from virus."

---

From: "Randall Stewart (cisco)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 11:08:54 -0500

>that has been previously configured by call to setsockopt?

SCTP_STATUS will give you the number of streams in/out on a
association.

The INITMSG should only return what your predefined request/limits are going
to be..

R

-- 
Randall R. Stewart
ITD
Cisco Systems Inc.
[email-masked] 815-342-5222(cell) or 815-477-2127(office)