Subject: URGENT BUSINESS REPLY NEED

From: "DR SIMON A .J. LAWAL." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 04:48:19 +0100

DIRECT  TEL: 234-1-7767689
TEL:   873- 7625 33730
FAX:   234-1-7598907
FAX:   873- 7625 33731
EMAIL: [email-masked]
ATTN:

                  "STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL"
WE ARE MEMBERS OF A SPECIAL COMMITTEE ON PROJECT
IMPLEMENTATION OF THE NIGERIAN NATIONAL PETROLEUM
CORPORATION (NNPC). THIS COMMITTEE IS PRINCIPALLY
CONCERNED WITH CONTRACT AWARDS AND APPROVAL. WITH OUR POSITIONS, WE HAVE
SUCCESSFULLY SECURED FOR OURSELVES THE SUM OF TWENTY-ONE MILLION, FIVE
HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS (US$36.5M). MY COLLEAGUES AND I
DURING THE COURSE OF OUR OFFICIAL ASSIGNMENT AWARDED SERIES OF CONTRACTS
TO FOREIGN FIRMS ON AGREED 5% COMMISSION OR PROFIT ON THEIR CONTRACT
SUM. HOWEVER THE 5% COMMISSION WHICH AMOUNTED TO US$36.5M AFTER AUDIT
REPORT IS LEFT UNCLAIMED IN THE FLOATING ACCOUNT OF MY COMPANY [NNPC].
THIS CONTRACT IN QUESTION WERE FOR THE SUPPLY OF PETRO CHEMICAL
EQUIPMENT AND COMPUTERS TO MY COMPANY THE NIGERIAN NATIONAL PETROLEUM
CORPORATION [NNPC] IN 1999. THE CONTRACTORS HAVE EXECUTED THEIR PROJECT
AS SPECIFIED IN THE CONTRACT AGREEMENT AND WERE PAID ACCORDINGLY.
RECENTLY, THE NEW CIVILIAN GOVERNMENT STARTED PAYING OFF ALL THE
INDEBTED FOREIGN CONTRACTORS TO MY COMPANY THAT EXECUTED CONTRACTS AS
FAR BACK AS 1990 2002 IN ORDER TO LAUNDER A GOOD IMAGE OF THEIR
GOVERNMENT BEFORE THE UNITED NATION. CONSEQUENT TO THIS DEVELOPMENT, WE
CONSIDER THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR US TO CARRYOUT THE TRANSFER OF
THESE FUNDS TO A SAFE  ACCOUNT OVERSEAS WHICH WE BELIEVE YOU WILL BE IN
A POSITION TO HELP US IN TRANSFERRING THESE FUNDS [US$36.5M] INTO YOUR
NOMINATED ACCOUNT. IT HAS BEEN AGREED THAT THE OWNER OF THE ACCOUNT WILL
BE COMPENSATED WITH 20% OF THE REMITTED FUNDS, WHILE WE KEEP 75%, AND 5%
WILL BE SET ASIDE TO OFFSET EXPENSES AND PAY THE NECESSARY TAXES. ALL
MODALITIES OF THIS TRANSACTION HAVE BEEN WORKED OUT AND ONCE STARTED
WILL NOT TAKE MORE THAN 10 WORKING DAYS, WITH YOUR FULL SUPPORT. THIS
TRANSACTION IS 100% RISK FREE.IF THIS PROPOSAL SATISFIES YOU, PLEASE
REACH US ONLY BY FAX OR PHONE, FOR MORE INFORMATION. IT MIGHT BE
DIFFICULT TO GET THROUGH TO ME, BECAUSE OF POOR TELECOMMUNICATION SYSTEM
HERE. PLEASE KEEP TRYING, YOU WILL DEFINITELY  GET THROUGH. IF YOU
CANNOT GET THROUGH USING THE FIRST TWO TELEPHONE NUMBERS ABOVE, THEN
CALL ME ON THIS SPECIAL NUMBER 873-762533730 OR SEND FAX ON 873-762533731. OR REPLY THROUGH THIS MAIL BOX BELOW
.
EMAIL . [email-masked]
YOURS FAITHFULLY,
SIMON  LAWAL.A J.

NB: FOR CONFIDENTIAL REASONS AND DUE TO THE POOR
COMMUNICATION SYSTEM IN MY COUNTRY, MOST OFTEN FOREIGN CALLS COULD BE
DIVERTED TO THE WRONG PERSON. SO FOR YOU TO BE VERY SURE YOU ARE RIGHTLY
SPEAKING WITH ME, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT WHEN YOU CALL AND ASK FOR
ME, THE MOMENT I PICK UP THE PHONE, YOU SHOULD ASK ME FOR THE "CODE
WORD" AND MY ANSWER WOULD BE "GOODLUCK" BEFORE WE PROCEED DISCUSSIONS,
BUT IF I DO 
NOT SAY"GOODLUCK", THAT MEANS YOU ARE NOT SPEAKING WITH ME JUST
DISCONNECT THE LINE AND CALL ME BACK TILL I GIVE YOU THE CODE WORD.