Subject: Problem with lksctp-2_6_0-test1-0_7_2.patch

From: Mark Easterbrook <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 18:35:43 +0100

I downloaded the 2.6.0-test1 kernel and the lksctp patch.

With an unpatched kernel, the following code does what I want it to do 
(i.e. it turns on all notification events).

         printf("set all events on\n");
         memset(&events, 1, sizeof(events));
         if (setsockopt(fd, IPPROTO_SCTP, SCTP_SET_EVENTS, &events, 
sizeof(events)) != 0)
         {
                 perror("setsockopt failed");
                 exit(1);
         }

However, after I apply lksctp-2_6_0-test1-0_7_2.patch I get:

setsockopt failed: Invalid argument

-- 
[email-masked] CEng MBCS G0JPW R1100RT

---

From: Sridhar Samudrala <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 11:28:41 -0700 (PDT)

Mark,

The latest 2.6.0-test1 patch updates the socket option names and values to be 
consistent with the new draft API(not yet released).
So you need to rebuild your applications with the header file and library
included in the corresponding lksctp-tools as i mentioned in the announcement
of this release.

SCTP_SET_EVENTS is changed to SCTP_EVENTS as it can be used with both 
setsockopt() and getsockopt().

Also, this is not the right mailing list to raise lksctp specific issues.
Please use
	[email-masked]

Thanks
Sridhar