Subject: timeout issue question

From: Patricio Barletta <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 13:49:04 -0300

We are using the ns-2 to test some issues in sctp and we're experiencing 
some strange behaviour we want to clarify.
The scenario is the following: 5 consecutive data chunks (one per 
packet) are being dropped. One of them is retransmitted by timeout, then 
it is fast retransmitted some milliseconds after (When the 
restransmision by timeout happens, we receive the forth consecutive 
missing for the TSN being retransmitted, and then it is fast retransmitted).

Is this the expected behaviour ?
Should the number of missing reports be reset after a TSN is 
retransmitted by timeout ? This is not clear in the RFC neither the 
impl. guide (v8)

Regards,
Patricio.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 17:11:09 +0300

> I think this change should go into the IG. Does everyone agree?

	Yes, probably the change should be included in section 2.8.

	BR Iván Arias Rodríguez