Subject: YOUR RESPONSE IS NEEDED

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 13:41:01 +0100

DEAR  SIR,
I KNOW THIS PROPOSAL WILL COME TO YOU AS A SURPRISE ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU
DO NOT KNOW THE WRITER, CONDSIDERING THE HUGE SUM OF MONEY INVOLVED WHICH
COULD MAKE ANY APPREHENSIVE. LET ME START BY INTRODUCING MYSELF TO YOU,
I AM MRS AKILU MARIAM, DIRECTOR CREDIT CONTROL, UNION BANK
OF NIGERIA PLC. LAGOS. I SAW YOUR CONTACT DURING MY
PRIVATE SEARCH AT THE INFORMATION CENTRE HERE IN NIGERIA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
AND INDUSTRY AND I WANT TO BELIEVE THAT YOU WILL BE VERY HONEST, COMMITTED
AND CAPABLE OF ASSISTING IN
THIS BUSINESS VENTURE. FIRSTLY, LET ME EXPLAIN THE SOURCE OF THIS FUNDS
AND WHAT YOU ARE EXPECTED TO DO. A FORIGNER LATE ENGINEER THEOPHILUS BAKER,
AN OIL MERCHANT/CONTRACTOR
WITH THE GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA, UNTIL HIS DEATH, OVER A YEAR AGO, WAS A
VICTIM OFA KENYA AIRWAYS: BUS (A310-300) FLIGHT KQ430 PLANE CRASH. THE DECEASED,
ENGNIEER THEOPILIUS BAKER,
BANKED WITH US AND HAS A CLOSING BALANCE AS A JULY 2000 WORTH $6.8m (SIX
MILLION EIGHT HUNDRED THOUSAND USD).
WHICH MY BANK, NOW EXPECTES A NEXT-OF-KIN TO CLAIM AS THE BENEFICIARY OF
THE FUNDS, EFFORTS HAS BEEN MADE BY UNION BANK OF NIGERIA TO GET IN TOUCH
WITH
THE BAKER'S FAMILY OR RELATIVE BUT TO NO SUCCESS. BASED ON THE PERCEIVED
POSSIBILITY OF NOT BEING ABLE TO LOCATE ENGNIEER THEOPILUS'S NEXT-OF-KIN,
THE MANAGEMENT UNDER THE INFLUENCE
OF OUR CHAIRMAN AND THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE MAKING ARRANGEMENTS FOR
THE FUNDS TO BE DECLARED UNCLAIMED AND CHANNELED TO AN UNKNOWN ACCOUNT.
IT IS BASED ON THIS THAT WE HAVE CONTACTED YOU TO STAND AS THE NEXT-OF-KIN
OF LATE ENGR. THEOPILUS BAKER SO THAT THE
FUNDS, WILL BE RELEASED AND PAID INTO YOUR ACCOUNT AS THE BENEFICIARY AND
THE NEXT-OF-KIN TO THE DECEASED. ALL DOCUMENTS, AND PROOF TO ENABLE YOU
GET THE FUNDS HAVE BEEN CAREFULLY WORKED OUT AS WE HAVE SECURED FROM THE
DIFFERENT OFFICES CONCERNED FOR THE SMOOTH TRANSFER OF THE FUND TO YOUR
NOMINATED ACCOUNT.IT HAS BEEN AGREED THAT THE OWNER OF THE ACCOUNT WILL
BE COMPENSATED WITH 20% OF THE REMITTED FUNDS, WHILE WE KEEP 75% AND 5%
WILL BE SET ASIDE TO OFFSET EXPENSES AND PAY THE NECESSARY TAXES. IF THIS
PROPOSAL SATISFIES YOU, PLEASE REACH US ONLY BY MAIL FOR NOW,AT [email-masked]
WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.
   REGARDS
  MRS AKILU MARIAM(DIRECTOR CREDIT CONTROL UNION BANK PLC)