Subject: Finally some relief from trash emails I hope

From: "Randall Stewart (cisco)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 10:49:20 -0600

Hi all:

Don Johnson at ITS has been working very hard to fix the "spam" problem
on the sctp-impl list. He is going to put us on a test pilot that will
allow us to have the option that only members of the list may post :->

We just finished our last set of tests with some test lists.. so hopefully
within a day or so he will cut sctp-impl over to this new format of
list...

That should hopefully eliminate most of the spam ;-D

Happy SCTP'ing

R

-- 
Randall R. Stewart
ITD
Cisco Systems Inc.
[email-masked] 815-342-5222(cell) or 815-477-2127(office)

---

From: Don Johnsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 18:09:12 -0800

Folks - 

You'll find below my direct contact information if you should see any 
problems in sending to the list (i.e. rejection messages or your mail not 
being mirrored to the list). If you see an issue with sending, it will be 
helpful if you at least send me a mail so I can see exactly how your 
particular mail client is configured and can troubleshoot.

I have modified the list configuration files that will enable the feature; 
it should become active overnight. Count on seeing some test traffic from 
me tomorrow AM to verify that all is working as expected.

I should note one limitation of the new system; it doesn't like 
attachments. You will get unexpected results trying to forward attachments 
via the list. Attachment handling is on the roadmap for the future.

-djohnsen

-- 
Don Johnsen - Systems Administrator, Enterprise Messaging Services 
Cisco Systems, Inc.                    Phone :     408 527 1008    
400 East Tasman Drive  SJ-12/1/F7-4    
San Jose, CA 95134-1706                Email :  [email-masked]