Subject: BUSINESS CONCERN.

From: ENGR REUBEN KOPANO <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 01:53:07 +0100

CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP SOLICITED. 
ENGR REUBEN KOPANO
DIRECTOR PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION (MEMR) 
DIRECT TEL NO: 0027 731 522 629 
Dear Friend, 
I am an Engineer with the South African Ministry of Energy and Mineral 
Resources and I am also a member of the Republic of South Africa Contract 
Award and Monitoring Commitee in the Ministry of Energy and Mineral 
Resources. It is a pleasure involving you in this project. Although, this 
may sound strange but I seek your indulgence and pray you view it seriously. 
Two years ago, a contract was awarded to a foreign firm in the Ministry of 
Energy and Mineral Resources by my committee. This contract was over 
invoiced to the tune of US$14.3Million. This was done delibrately. The over 
invoicing was a deal by my commitee to benefit from the project. We now 
desire to transfer this money which is in a suspense account with the MEMR 
into any oversea account which we expect you to provide for us. 
For providing the account where we shall remit the money, you will be 
entitled to 30% of the money, 10% will be set aside for expenses incurred 
by both parties during course of transfer, while the remaining 60%will be 
for my partners and myself. 
I would require the following: 
1)Bank details ( Name and address / Account no/Beneficiary name ) 
2)Private Telephone and Fax number of Beneficiary 
The above information would be used to make formal application as a matter 
of procedure for the release of the money and onward transfer to your 
account. It does not matter whether or not your company does contract 
projects of this of this nature described here, the assumption is that your 
company won the major contract and subcontracted it out to other companies. 
More often than not, big trading companies or firms of unrelated fields 
win major contracts and subcontract to more specialized firms for execution 
of such contracts. We have strong and reliable connections, top government 
contacts at the South Africa Reserve Bank and Ministry of Finance and we 
have no doubt that all this money will be released and transferred if we get 
the necessary foreign partner to assist us in this deal. Therefore, when the 
business is successfully concluded we shall through our connection withdraw 
all documents used from all the concerned Government Ministries for 100% 
security. We are civil servants and we will not want to miss this 
opportunity. 
Please contact me immediately through my above Telephone or email contact, 
whether or not you are interested in this deal. If you are not, it will 
enable me scout for another foreign partner to carry out this deal. But 
where you are interested, send the required informations aforementioned 
herein without delay as time is of essence in this business. 
I want to assure you once again that this transaction is 100% risk free 
both now and in the future. 
I await in anticipation of your fullest co-operation. 
Yours faithfully, 
Engr. Reuben Kopano.