Subject: A poll

From: "Randall Stewart (cisco)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 05:35:22 -0600

Greetings SCTP'ers:

I am trying to establish the various SCTP implementations and
who has what.  The following are known implementations (to
my limited knowledge):

Who                         OS              Type               Availiablity
-------------------------------------------------------------------
KAME               BSD's               Kernel            Free with KAME 
download (which is free too)
LK-SCTP          LINUX             Kernel            Free with add-on 
will be in 2.6 stable
U-ESSEN          Various             User-Land      Free user for 
download from sctp.de
OPENSS7          LINUX             Kernel            Free download from 
openss7.org
ADAX                SUN/Solaris     Kernel           Available for purchase
Trillium (?hughes) Various           ????              Available for 
purchase

Others I know have implementations but I am unclear as to their status are:
------------
Artecon
HP
Solaris
Data-Connections
Ulticom

????

What I would like to do is establish a new web page on www.sctp.org 
listing various implementations
and where you can get them (purchase or download) and if an 
implementation comes with an
O/S what version of the OS etc..

If you have an implementation and would send me your status aka what 
O/S, and how it is
available... i.e.:
   o Is it included with an O/S? if so what release
   o Is it available for purchase by itself? if so what O/S's are supported?
   o Is it available bundled only with a product? If so what products 
and can it
      be used only by your product or does it become available on that 
machine
      through an API?

For any of the implementations I have listed Various, I would appreciate 
an email listing
the exact machines and O/S's you support. Also if your implementation is 
planned
I can put that up aka (available in a furture release of the XXX O/S is 
fine)..

I would appreciate responses from all the implementations out there .. 
this will:

a) Help further SCTP to the doubters (its not available so why should I 
use it?)
b) Give a centralized web page where people can find out what is out 
there (send me
    web links too, I can put these up linking off to your product).
c) Give a bit of free advertising to you and your implementation..

Thanks

R

-- 
Randall R. Stewart
ITD
Cisco Systems Inc.
[email-masked] 815-342-5222(cell) or 815-477-2127(office)