Subject: Re: sctp_peeloff()

From: Caitlin Bestler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:36:58 -0600

A general comment about possible stream-specific de-multiplexing local 
interfaces:
any such interface should probably allow ordered and unordered messages 
to be handled
differently. Anticipating that a sequence of ordered messages on one 
stream should
be received into a single buffer, or matching sequence of buffers is a 
natural fit
for many applications -- especially large file transfers where use of a 
single very
large message is inappropriate for buffering and/or flow control 
reasons.

But you wouldn't want an unordered message to be plopped down into that 
buffer
sequence arbitrarily. An application that mixes ordered and unordered 
messages
on the same stream is probably using the unordered messages for alerts 
or exceptions.