Subject: Re: sctp_peeloff()

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 05:43:10 -0000

"Randall Stewart (cisco)" <[email-masked]> said:

> I think you describe the above a bit off.. what will happen
> when a stream gets "stuck" is you would then reach a point
> where the stream would hold all of the rwnd. TSN's can move
> forward up until that point.. at which time the stack should
> clamp the rwnd at 0 and drop all inbound data until
> the "stuck" stream reads...
> 
> I just want us all to be clear on what SHOULD occur :->

Great! That was what my understanding is. So the worst case
is, if user stopped receiving from stream 1, then datas for
stream 1 will start "eating" rwnd, until some point that
total rwnd are all used up for stream 1's data, then other
streams get "blocked".

But again, I'd argu that's the application's problem. Looks
to me it is the same satuation that an applicaiton just
stop do ANY receive, eventually all stream data will "blocked".
No ?

Or, if we starting support stream specific receive, can we
put a cap on how much rwnd a stream is allowed to take over?

-Xiaodan Tang
QSSL