Subject: Re: sctp_peeloff()

From: Kacheong Poon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 08:56:05 -0800

Randall Stewart (cisco) wrote:

>> It seems that system scheduling has very little to do
>> with the issue, unless the app itself tries to use
>> specific OS scheduling service to arrange different
>> scheduling for itself.  The worst case scenario you've
>> given is that a stream-socket will continue to read from
>> a specific stream, while other streams are "stuck"
>> therefore casuing a SCTP protocol issue as the TSN does
>> not move ahead. 
> 
> 
> 
> I think you describe the above a bit off.. what will happen
> when a stream gets "stuck" is you would then reach a point
> where the stream would hold all of the rwnd. TSN's can move
> forward up until that point.. at which time the stack should
> clamp the rwnd at 0 and drop all inbound data until
> the "stuck" stream reads...

Thanks!  I switched the role of who is "stuck" (-:  But the
point I tried to make is still valid, it has little to do
with the scheduling of the system.  It has to do with
the app itself.

-- 

						K. Poon.
						[email-masked]