Subject: Greetings SCTP'ers

From: "Randall Stewart (cisco)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:16:07 -0600

Howdy:

I have just placed two things up on the SCTP web site:

1) Patch 18 which will go hand and hand with the KAME snap
    for tommorrow 1/19/2004. This is a very small patch to fix
    a very big error :-D I, the current code has a bug (from the
    last patch) that breaks servers using the TCP mode :-<  Its
    a one line fix. Plus as part of kame, the kame folks added a
    new time comparison that does not seem to be in kernel
    land FreeBSD. We have ifdef'd this and restored the old
    comparison code so that if you don't have the cmp routine
    you can always use the orginal code (this is the default behaviour
    i.e. original code).

2) After Armando sent me an email on the subject I realized that
    not everyone understands my concept of alternate route. I have
    thus put an explanation file up that gives a bit of soapbox and
    some technical info on what you get when you add the alternate
    route patch. You can reach it via the download page or follow
    this link:

http://www.sctp.org/what_is_alt_route

Happy SCTPing

R

-- 
Randall R. Stewart
ITD - Transport Technologies
815-477-2127(o) or 815-342-5222(c)