Subject: Problem building the latest snap.

From: Marcelo Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 07:38:03 -0800

After "make depend" run the "make" blowed up in many places, i.e.
wi, tlp, same as below:
cc  -ffreestanding  -O2 -Werror -Wall -Wno-main -Wno-format-zero-length - 
Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-uninitialized  
-Di386 -I.  -I../../../../arch -I../../../.. -nostdinc -DLKM -DTCP_ECN - 
DRADIX_MPATH -DMAXUSERS=32 -D_KERNEL -D_KERNEL_OPT   -c 
/home/mschmidt/downloads/kame/netbsd/sys/arch/i386/compile/Kame/../../../../ufs/ufs/ufs_lookup.c
/home/mschmidt/downloads/kame/netbsd/sys/ufs/ufs/ufs_lookup.c: In function 
`ufs_dirremove':
/home/mschmidt/downloads/kame/netbsd/sys/ufs/ufs/ufs_lookup.c:974: warning: 
dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
/home/mschmidt/downloads/kame/netbsd/sys/ufs/ufs/ufs_lookup.c:984: warning: 
dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
/home/mschmidt/downloads/kame/netbsd/sys/ufs/ufs/ufs_lookup.c: In function 
`ufs_dirrewrite':
/home/mschmidt/downloads/kame/netbsd/sys/ufs/ufs/ufs_lookup.c:1037: 
warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules
*** Error code 1

I can't continue editing the kernel config any further... I might
trying to contact this list for help even though this is not 100%
related to SCTP, however if anyone run into the same problem and solved
it I will appreciate your pointers.  This is what I used: kame-20040301- 
netbsd161-snap.tgz
NetBSD 1.6ZK/i386
gcc 3.3.1

-- 
-m