Subject: sctp_rcvmsg

From: "ROBERT MAGNUSSON" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 11:24:50 +0200

Hello !  
  
We've tested some examples using sctp_sendmsg() and sctp_recvmsg(), for  
example the echo client-server in section 10 in Unix Network Programming 
3rd edition. This example doesn't seem to work on the KAME stack under 
freeBSD, all fields in the client sockaddr_in are set to "0" and the 
length is also set to "0" (4:th and 5:th argument) when calling 
sctp_recvmsg(). The same goes for msghdr struct when calling recvmsg(). 
In the example the client uses sctp_sendmsg(), without any call to 
connetct, to send the message to the server and the server uses 
sctp_recvmsg(), without any call to accept, to receive the message. The 
data is delivered but no information about the peer address is delivered. 
What's wrong in the example, is something missing?  
  
Regards  
and Thanks in advance  
Tomas Nilsson   
Robert Magnusson  
Karlstad University