Subject: RE: sctp_rcvmsg

From: "Ryan W Bickhart" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 19:18:35 -0400

Robert:

As Randall mentioned earlier, we had the same problem installing the latest
KAME snapshot last week. We finally got everything working, so I put
together our exact install procedure for FreeBSD 4.9 which can be found
here:

http://www.cis.udel.edu/~bickhart/research/sctp-install.txt

The instructions listed above reference some updated code that Randall
provided to us, which I have placed here:

http://www.cis.udel.edu/~bickhart/research/sctp-randall.tar.gz

If you go through the instructions step-by-step you should end up with a
working SCTP installation which runs the UNP sample code as expected. (Note
that you may need to fix the makefile that comes with the UNP code.)

Good luck,

Ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: ROBERT MAGNUSSON [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 5:25 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: sctp_rcvmsg

Hello !  
  
We've tested some examples using sctp_sendmsg() and sctp_recvmsg(), for  
example the echo client-server in section 10 in Unix Network Programming 
3rd edition. This example doesn't seem to work on the KAME stack under 
freeBSD, all fields in the client sockaddr_in are set to "0" and the 
length is also set to "0" (4:th and 5:th argument) when calling 
sctp_recvmsg(). The same goes for msghdr struct when calling recvmsg(). 
In the example the client uses sctp_sendmsg(), without any call to 
connetct, to send the message to the server and the server uses 
sctp_recvmsg(), without any call to accept, to receive the message. The 
data is delivered but no information about the peer address is delivered. 
What's wrong in the example, is something missing?  
  
Regards  
and Thanks in advance  
Tomas Nilsson   
Robert Magnusson  
Karlstad University