Subject: 1-many style sendmsg() with MSG_EOF and no assoc

From: Sridhar Samudrala <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 10:44:47 -0700 (PDT)

This issue was recently raised on lksctp-developers mailing list.
I would like to know how the other implementation of SCTP handle
  sendmsg() with MSG_EOF flag and no data on a 1-many style socket when
  no association is present.

There are 2 cases here.
1. The association is never created. This can be considered as a bug in the
   app.
2. The association was created and auto-closed, but the app is not yet
   aware of it.

I think distinguishing the above 2 cases is not trivial as it needs
maintaining additional state info about auto-closed assocs.

Thanks
Sridhar

---

From: Kacheong Poon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 16:40:58 -0700

> maintaining additional state info about auto-closed assocs.

I think 1 is the right choice, return an error to the app
immediately.

-- 

						K. Poon.
						[email-masked]