Subject: need to get familiar with SCTP quickly

From: "Luo, Guojie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 12:42:15 +0800

is there an article best describe the implement framework of SCTP in
linux kernel? thanks~~

---

From: "La Monte H.P. Yarroll" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:23:12 -0400

>is there an article best describe the implement framework of SCTP in
The OLS 2001 paper which Karl Knutson and I wrote is still a good
starting point.  You can find it in the lksctp-tools project on
bkbits.net in doc/ols.tex.  I can send it out of band if you prefer.

The code itself is designed to be read by humans.  Start with
sm_sideeffect.c:sctp_do_sm().  This will lead you naturally
into the functions of sm_statefuns.c (an incidentally sm_stattable.c).
Everything else is just plumbing to make it function.

I also recommend doc/states.txt as a general reference for understanding
the principle transactions of SCTP.

-- 
  Anyone who quotes me in their sig is an idiot. -- Rusty Russell's sig