Subject: the "latest" BSD SCTP

From: Brad Penoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 14:50:57 -0800 (PST)

Greetings,

In order to use the most recent 4.10 implementation of BSD SCTP, is the 
best way to use the Patch 24 with kame.net snap 20041011 off of sctp.org ? 
Or instead should I just get the most recent kame.net snap?  I also read 
in October 2004 that there was talk of a Patch 25 coming soon; is that 
available (even though it's not on sctp.org) ?

Looking forward to getting this working, I just want to make sure I have 
the latest and greatest.  Thanks for your help,

brad

---

From: Randall Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 19:07:11 -0500

Brad Penoff wrote:
> best way to use the Patch 24 with kame.net snap 20041011 off of sctp.org 
> ? Or instead should I just get the most recent kame.net snap?  I also 
> read in October 2004 that there was talk of a Patch 25 coming soon; is 
> that available (even though it's not on sctp.org) ?
> 
Sigh... yes it will be soon.. we are in a very big turmoil getting
ready for FreeBSD5.x and so I have put off making the patch..

I hope to have the 5.x stuff settled down next week at LEAST
so I can make a patch that will include the recent performance
improvements..

Sorry for the delay..

R

-- 
Randall Stewart
ITD
803-345-0369 <or> 815-342-5222

---

From: Brad Penoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:12:19 -0800 (PST)

> so I can make a patch that will include the recent performance

Oops, I didn't mean to sound negative.  So for now, to test 4.10, would 
you recommend using the Jan 24, 2005 snap or should I instead use patch 24 
with the 20041011 snap?

Thanks,
brad