Subject: SCTP API section 5.2.2

From: David Lehmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:14:57 -0500

Hello,

In section 5.2.2, the I-D states:
    sinfo_ppid: 32 bits (unsigned integer)

    This value in sendmsg() is an opaque unsigned value that is passed to
    the remote end in each user message.  In recvmsg() this value is the
    same information that was passed by the upper layer in the peer
    application.  Please note that byte order issues are NOT accounted
    for and this information is passed opaquely by the SCTP stack from
    one end to the other.

The last sentence concerns me.  Is this stating that the ppid will
not be sent up to the user in host byte order?  As stated, it sounds
like that if I have a server which examines the ppid, I will get a
different value depending if the application sent the data from an
Intel box as opposed to a Sparc box.

If the last sentence was trying to say that the ppid will be passed up
in network byte order, can it be reworded to plainly say so?

-- 

David Lehmann
Ulticom, Inc.
http://www.ulticom.com