Subject: known FreeBSD5.3 SCTP compilation error work-around?

From: Brad Penoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 14:28:15 -0800 (PST)

Greetings,

(sorry if some of you are re-reading this. I sent it yesterday and I got a 
message from cisco saying this mailing list didn't exist..?..  Regardless,
there is some new information here from yesterday's note)

On a pair of machines, I've installed 5.3 and was trying to install the 0221 
snap with patch 25.  I'm running into this error when compiling where 
MSG_NOTIFICATION can't be resolved.  It seems as if I'm not alone here because 
I get exactly this:
http://www.kame.net/dev/query-pr.cgi?pr=857

This however is dated Jan26 and states that this hasn't yet been fixed. Is 
there a known work-around that anyone knows of?

I simply tried to define this to the appropriate value in sys/socket.h and 
the compilation process made it a little further but still didn't finish. 
After this, it gave all sorts of errors for undefined variables, etc. 
within the implementation of sctp_peeloff in kern/uipc_syscalls.c .  Any 
ideas?

Thanks again,
brad

---

From: Randall Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 10:18:07 -0500

Brad:

Besides the private compile base I sent you, I am now working
on getting kame checked out on my 5.3 machine and seeing
if I can't locate all the files that are giving you trouble.
I will then see if I can't get a patch to you and to Itojun to
fix any issues.. hopefully later today :-D

R

Brad Penoff wrote:
> Greetings,
> 
> (sorry if some of you are re-reading this. I sent it yesterday and I got 
> a message from cisco saying this mailing list didn't exist..?..  
> Regardless,
> On a pair of machines, I've installed 5.3 and was trying to install the 
> 0221 snap with patch 25.  I'm running into this error when compiling 
> where MSG_NOTIFICATION can't be resolved.  It seems as if I'm not alone 
> here because I get exactly this:
> This however is dated Jan26 and states that this hasn't yet been fixed. 
> Is there a known work-around that anyone knows of?
> 
> I simply tried to define this to the appropriate value in sys/socket.h 
> and the compilation process made it a little further but still didn't 
> finish. After this, it gave all sorts of errors for undefined variables, 
> etc. within the implementation of sctp_peeloff in kern/uipc_syscalls.c 
> .  Any ideas?
> 
> Thanks again,
> brad
> 

-- 
Randall Stewart
ITD
803-345-0369 <or> 815-342-5222