Subject: [Hipsec] base exchange implementation feedback

From: Miika Komu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 13:11:53 +0300 (EEST)

We had interops with Jeff yesterday. Once again, OpenHIP and HIPL base
exchange interoperated successfully. Jeff said that OpenHIP and Ericsson's
BSD HIP base exchange interoperated as well. I hope we get an RFC soon
because the draft seems quite mature and technically sound to me.

All of the changes introduced between base-02 and base-03 were
implementable and reasonable. We have few editorial suggestion based on
some minor implementation caveats we run into:

* ESP_INFO usage in the base exchange: mention explicitly what to fill in
  the fields in both the initiator and responder
* Parameter type order strictly enforced, except for 2048-4095
  * Put this explicitly separate sentence rather than in a in the
    subordinate clause ("The type-field value also describes the order of
    these fields in the packet, except..)

-- 
Miika Komu              [email-masked]          http://www.iki.fi/miika/

_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec