Subject: Re: FW: ssthressh (fwd)

From: Janardhan Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:01:53 -0400 (EDT)

---------------------------------------------------------------
Janardhan R. Iyengar           http://www.cis.udel.edu/~iyengar
Protocol Engineering Lab  --   CIS   --  University Of Delaware
---------------------------------------------------------------

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 13:26:48 -0400
From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
To: Janardhan Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Cc: Brian F. G. Bidulock <[email-masked]>,
     Randall Stewart <[email-masked]>,
     Haresign Lincoln <[email-masked]>,
     Terletsky Oleg <[email-masked]>,
     SCTP Implementors <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: FW: ssthressh

> Try a simple experiment downloading a large file in a single TCP
> connection, then again with multiple TCP connections downloading
> different parts of the same file in parallel. Multiple connections
> do better, partly because they get an unfair share of the bottleneck
> bandwidth.

Yeah... see some of the papers at the bottom of
http://www.icir.org/mallman/papers/ for experiments with a
multiple-connection FTP (over satellite links).

allman