Subject: SCTP Query

From: Suneesh Babu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:09:02 +0530

Hi,
	Could you please let me know whether the "U bit" in the DATA chunk of SCTP
has any effect on ULP(upper layer protocol). For example, let the ULP be
SUA, for which the DATA  information element(IE) can come as the first or
the last IE. My question is whether "U bit" value has any effect on the
order
of DATA IE in SUA.

Best Regards,
Suneesh Babu

---

From: Michael Tuexen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 12:15:23 +0200

Hi Suneesh,

if the U-bit is set, user data can be delivered in any sequence. So  
you can
not rely on in-order delivery.

Some protocol, like TLS, do not support this. So you can not run SUA/ 
TLS/SCTP
and make use of the U-Bit. D-TLS/SCTP will fix this.

Best regards
Michael