Subject: SCTP Multi-homing

From: devayya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 14:50:18 +0530

Please consider the scenario, where one end (SUT) is multi-homed and the 
other end is not. In that case, if DATA is sent to the peer by SUT from 
primary and if there is no SACK, should the DATA chunk be retransmitted 
from secondary?
As per RFC, I understand that the number of paths is decided based on 
the number of peer addresses. Now, in this SUT is multi-homed, but its 
peer is not. So, according to SUT, there is a single path. Should the 
retransmission be done by SUT with secondary as source IP address?

thanks,
Devayya

---

From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 04:49:12 -0600

devayya,

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006, devayya wrote:
>
> Should the retransmission be done by SUT with secondary as source IP
> address?

It is recommended that the source address be varied, but not required.

--brian

-- 
Brian F. G. Bidulock    ¦ The reasonable man adapts himself to the ¦
[email-masked]    ¦ world; the unreasonable one persists in  ¦
http://www.openss7.org/ ¦ trying  to adapt the  world  to himself. ¦
                        ¦ Therefore  all  progress  depends on the ¦
                        ¦ unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw ¦