Subject: assoc max retransmission

From: devayya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:47:41 +0530

Hi,

The association Max retransmission count is set to 3 and Path max 
retransmission count is set to 3.
Assoc error count = 0.
Now, Please consider the following sequence.

Endpoint  
A                                                                    
Endpoint B

              ----------HB----------------------------->(Heartbeat not 
ACKed)

              ----DATA(TSN = 617 and 618(bundled)) --->(No SACK recived 
for this)

              ----DATA(TSN = 617 and 618) ------->(retransmitted)
              (Assoc error count is 1 and path retransmission count is 1)

             ----DATA(TSN=619) ----------------->( new DATA, no SACK 
received )

             ----DATA(TSN = 617, 618 and 619)--->(No SACK recived for this)
                 (Assoc error count is 2 and path retransmission count is 2)

             (Path Idle timer expiry for HB, so Assoc error count is 3, 
so close the association)

              -----------INIT----------------------------->

Is this the correct sequence. or should we retransmit the DATA with TSN 
617 and 618 one more time before close the association.
Please clarify!!!

Thanks and regards,
devayya

---

From: Randall Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:25:04 -0400

Missed HB's count the same as a retransmission.. so yes your
sequence is correct..

R

-- 
Randall Stewart
NSSTG - Cisco Systems Inc.
803-345-0369 <or> 815-342-5222 (cell)