Subject: TLS for SCTP implementations?

From: Anders Torger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:48:22 +0200

Does anyone know if there are any TLS for SCTP (RFC3436) libraries out 
there ready to use?

Neither OpenSSL nor GNU TLS seems to have SCTP support, but perhaps 
there is some commercial product?

/Anders Torger

---

From: Michael Tuexen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:04:24 +0200

Hi Anders,

I'm not aware of any implementation in product quality. Furthermore I
think it is hard to implement it in the OpenSSL library.

One of the reasons for this is based on the constraints we had: We
were not allowed to change TLS.

I think the way to go is to use DTLS over SCTP as described in a
recent Internet Draft by Eric Rescorla, Carsten Hohendorf and myself.
I'll implement this in OpenSSL.

Best regards
Michael