Subject: Words like delete, hide, and remove are often used with the wrong meaning.

From: Bolton Ed <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 08:42:26 +0300

VPSN WILL MOVE LIKE A COMET AND ITS ONLY GOING TO GET BETTER! Watch this
SUPERNOVA closely MONDAY!

VISION AIRSHIPS INC
Symbol: VPSN
Price: $0.021

BANGKOK, THAILAND, July 2007
Advertising Agencies Ready to Ink Deals!

The company wishes to announce that it is in final negotiations for
representation with some of the world's largest advertising agencies to
market and reserve the blimps for there clients.

VPSN THE RISING STAR, IS SET FOR SUPERNOVA STATUS ON MONDAY!

I have no desire for YTS to be a competitor to Digital Web. However, it
happens to break one of my personal little problems with labeling
buttons. If you don't have a lot of screen real estate, this is rather
useful.

We've got it easy, we're the judge, jury, and executioner client and
consultant. Ajax should be that simple.

This leads to scrolling and accidental clicks which leads to
frustration. You have to provide some means to sort the fields in the
Target list, but you can handle it client-side with javascript.
What really happened?
Transitional effects are nothing more than window-dressing if they don't
have a purpose other than to look cool. Garrett makes a good point with
his title 'Because You Should, Not Because You Can'.

Especially so when you use server side includes and symlinks in your
websites.
I don't think semantics will change the world, but I do believe that an
awareness of the underlying meaning and purpose of tags is important and
valuable. If your only tool is a hammer, then everything must need
banging.
Not surprisingly, there are numerous other tags that you may be
forgetting about.
Add another sentence of instructions?

With a list of checkboxes though, you can be guaranteed that nobody will
be confused about what they should do. If all of these plugins and
smaller companies are doing it, it can't be that difficult. You guys
have been doing a wonderful job with this website.

With headquarters located in Altamahaw, NC the management team at Glen
Raven is constantly striving for safety improvement. I simply took a
piece of paper and filled it up with every word that came to mind.
Apparently, I was wrong.

Essentially mirroring the behavior of listView controls in windows
applications. Not being one to offer criticism without suggestions, I
mocked up the following to show what it could look like so that it would
be easier to tell what the status was when you save your entry.
In the case of building sites for clients, survey results enable you to
show your client what their audience truly wants instead of basing
everything on what your client thinks they want. I'll be pining for the
next one. Some prefer easyily achievable goals to stay motivated and
feel successful.

For instance, radio buttons with "Yes" and "No" as options are generally
redundant and a waste of space when it can be replaced by a simple
statement accompanied by a checkbox.

Very interesting piece. The main concern I would think about would the
extent to which you need to share these files with any PC co-workers. If
all of these plugins and smaller companies are doing it, it can't be
that difficult. I'm planning on releasing my new Omnigraffle templates
soon as well, so maybe I can have a huge, IA Deliverables Day. Don't get
me wrong, they have their place, it's just a very small limited place
where real estate is more important than usability. For that matter, you
should always be questioning whether you should use it at all.
It's amazing how much there is out there. Finally someone willing to
share their start to finish process.
With headquarters located in Altamahaw, NC the management team at Glen
Raven is constantly striving for safety improvement.
Apparently, I was wrong.

Thanks for the well written article. Instead of adding a new content
element to support the design, you have to really think about whether
that content is valuable to your visitors. Reording is going to be tough
no matter what you do. It's best to think through a project at the
beginning and at least give yourself some guidelines and goals. I don't
think semantics will change the world, but I do believe that an
awareness of the underlying meaning and purpose of tags is important and
valuable.
Keep on rocking, guys! I do however like the added critical thinking
that it places on a project, and will probably experiment with them on
personal projects at point. I am a well versed javascript and PHP
programmer, but have difficulty setting up AJAX using the scriptaculous
library in less then an hour.
Right now i am learning about web standar. The results of the survey
have actually been quite eye-opening. I'll do something for those in the
future.

I don't think he'd argue that using XHTML tags appropriately  or
applying basic Microformats is fool's gold.

You're helping to make it a better web.
It's quite simple really, and builds on existing image replacement
techniques.

I do not think that I could agree more. Apparently, I was wrong.

It is a logical step forward after the image replacements in "regular"
menu's. Semantic markup is readable markup. For example, let's say you
have a list of items available for a report and you want to let the user
decide which fields show up in what order. But hey, another step forward.