Subject: Which kernel patch to use

From: Oliver Roll <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 17:02:36 +0200

Hi all,

I ran into problems while compiling the Jul13_2007.tarball.bz2 into my 
6.1-RELEASE FreeBSD:

In file included from /usr/src/sys/netinet/sctp_os.h:59,
from /usr/src/sys/netinet6/sctp6_usrreq.c:35:
/usr/src/sys/netinet/sctp_os_bsd.h:52:22: sys/priv.h: No such file or 
directory

and so on.

I recently used a patch from May 2006 with which I was able to build a 
kernel (except for some problems regarding activated ipsec in 
kernel-conf like /usr/src/sys/netinet6/sctp6_usrreq.c:256: warning: 
implicit declaration of function `ipsec6_in_reject_so' which I "solved" 
by commenting this line).

I would use this last year's patch since it works as far as I can see. 
Nevertheless I'm curious if there is a big difference in functionality 
between last year's patch and the above mentioned?

Thanks

Oliver