Subject: [secdir] SMIME WG summary

From: "Turner, Sean P." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 13:44:47 -0600

The SMIME WG did not meeting at IETF 73.  The SMIME WG has 9 IDs.  Here is
the status of those IDs:

In RFC Editors Queue:

- draft-ietf-smime-multisig: Pinned on draft-ietf-smime-3850bis &
                             draft-ietf-smime-3850bis IDs.
- draft-ietf-smime-ibearch: In EDIT state.
- draft-ietf-smime-bfibecms: In EDIT state.

With AD (status: Passed IETF LC)
- draft-ietf-smime-3850bis: Awaiting GEN-ART comments 
- draft-ietf-smime-3851bis: Addressed IETF LC comments. 
                            Will publish when GEN-ART comments on
                            draft-ietf-smime-3850bis are addressed.

With AD (status: In 2nd IETF LC):
- draft-ietf-smime-sha2: No comments so far.

With AD (status: Awaiting new ID from authors):
- draft-ietf-smime-rfc3278-update: Addressing WG LC comments.
                                   New version published shortly after
                                   meeting.  Expected to go to WG LC.
- draft-ietf-smime-cms-rsa-kem: A new version was posted, but another
                                is needed to address Steve Kent's
                                SECDIR comments.

With WG
- draft-ietf-smime-new-asn1: This ID updates many/most of the ASN.1
     modules in the S/MIME WG to the '02 ASN.1.  The authors want
     reviewers.  It is expected that the ID will be ready for WG LC
     in December '08.

spt

_______________________________________________
secdir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/secdir