Subject: [secdir] draft-ietf-mediactrl-ivr-control-package-03

From: "Donald Eastlake" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 23:30:24 -0500

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

This is a length draft specifying an XML Media Control Channel
Framework Package for Interactive Voice Response (IVR) dialog
interaction. The Security Considerations Section is commensurately
long but primarily lists threats. I really didn't thoroughly study the
bulk of the draft but the threats described seemed reasonably
comprehensive.

For protection against these threats, the Security Considerations
Section of the draft references the Security Consideration and other
Sections of draft-ietf-mediactrl-sip-control-framework-08 (Media
Control Channel Framework) as well as the Security Considerations of
RFC 3023 (XML Media Types). These other document seem to provide
adequate measures to protect against the threats mentioned in the
document being reviewed. Presumably the secdir review of
draft-ietf-mediactrl-sip-control-framework-08 will look more closely
at its Security Considerations.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-634-2066 (home)
 155 Beaver Street
 Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]
_______________________________________________
secdir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/secdir