Subject: [secdir] Secdir review of draft-ietf-isis-wg-extlsp-04

From: Brian Weis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 21:26:06 -0800

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's  
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the  
IESG. These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the  
security area directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat  
these comments just like any other last call comments.

This document defines an IS-IS extension which allows a system to  
exceed the current limit of LSP fragments that can be can be present  
in an LSP set (256). It defines a few new ISIS TLVs and describes how  
they are used.

The security considerations section claims that it raises no new  
security issues for IS-IS, and I believe that it is accurate.

Brian

P.S. to authors: Draft -04 added a typo in Section 4.2.2: s/Virutal  
IS/Virtual IS/.

-- 
Brian Weis
Router/Switch Security Group, ARTG, Cisco Systems
Telephone: +1 408 526 4796
Email: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
secdir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/secdir