Subject: [secdir] Secdir review of draft-ietf-idr-rfc3392bis-03

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 18:51:50 -0500

I have reviewed draft-ietf-idr-rfc3392bis-03 as part of the security
directorate's ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being
processed by the IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the
benefit of the security area directors.  Document editors and WG
chairs should treat these comments just like any other last call
comments.

This is a clarification of RFC 3392, which was itself a clarification
of RFC 2842, so this mechanism has been around for a while.

Appendix B of the draft accurately describes the changes, to wit:

   In addition to minor editorial changes and updated references, this
   document also clarifies the use of the Unsupported Optional Parameter
   NOTIFICATION message and clarifies behavior when the Capabilities
   parameter is included in the OPEN message multiple times.

I have no security concerns with this document.
_______________________________________________
secdir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/secdir
_______________________________________________
secdir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/secdir