Subject: [secdir] Pasi's AD Notes for November 2008

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 15:16:12 +0200

Hi all,

Here's again a short status update about what things are going on 
from my point-of-view. If you notice anything that doesn't look
right, let me know -- miscommunication and mix-ups do happen.

Best regards,
Pasi

MISC NOTES

- December will be a very busy month for IESG; we're having 
  three telechats with probably ~50 documents. Expect some delay
  in email, too...
- IANA fixed the registries for RFC 4909 (needed for 
  draft-jerichow-msec-mikey-genext-oma, currently in IETF Last Call).
- Lars Eggert and I met with CERT-FI to discuss the TCP DoS 
  vulnerabilities found by Outpost24. 
- I've continued tools development, and my first code fragment was
  deployed on datatracker.ietf.org during the IETF meeting week. 
  More coming soon...

WORKING GROUPS

DKIM
- draft-ietf-dkim-ssp: in IETF Last Call (ends 2008-12-09), on
  agenda of 2008-12-18 IESG telechat.
- draft-ietf-dkim-overview: in Publication Requested, waiting 
  for me to read it.
- Waiting for WG to send list of RFC errata IDs the WG agrees on.

EMU
- draft-ietf-emu-gpsk: waiting for IANA to confirm that they're
  happy with version -17.
- (not WG item) draft-arkko-eap-aka-kdf: was approved, now in
  RFC Editor Queue.

IPSECME
- I and Tim responded to an appeal by Hui Deng and Peny Yang.
- (not wearing AD hat) I need to check that my comments got entered 
  into the issue tracker, and reply to Paul about some of them.
- (not wearing AD hat) Waiting for Russ to verify errata #1502
  for RFC 4718 [since 2008-09-12]

ISMS
- All the WG documents went through WG Last Call; hoping to see 
  revised IDs soon.

KEYPROV
- I sent a bunch of comments about DSKPP to the list; I'm hoping
  the WG decides soon how to simplify the protocol.

PKIX
- Note: I'm shepherding two PKIX drafts where Tim is a co-author
- draft-ietf-pkix-ecc-subpubkeyinfo: in IETF Last Call (ends 
  2008-12-09), on agenda of 2008-12-18 IESG telechat.
- draft-ietf-pkix-rfc4055-update: in Publication Requested, 
  waiting for me to read it.

SASL
- Lots of emails that I need to read, but haven't done so yet...

SYSLOG
- draft-ietf-syslog-transport-tls: now in AUTH48 state
- draft-ietf-syslog-sign: hoping to see a revised ID that would
  handle the easy comments from my AD evaluation

TLS
- draft-ietf-tls-des-idea: went through IETF Last Call, on agenda
  of 2009-01-08 IESG telechat.
- draft-ietf-tls-ecdhe-psk: in Publication Requested, waiting
  for me to read it (in January)
- draft-ietf-tls-psk-new-mac-aes-gcm: same as ecdhe-psk
- (not WG item) draft-rescorla-tls-suiteb: was approved, now
  in RFC Editor Queue
- Errata #1585: I filed an errata for TLS 1.2; waiting for Ekr 
  to confirm that it's correct.

OTHER DOCUMENTS

- draft-ietf-pkix-cmp-transport-protocols: It seems some folks are 
  interested in reviving this long-expired draft, so that current 
  implementation behavior is documented somewhere. I've promised
  to read and comment if/when something is submitted.
- draft-randall-3447bis: James Randall posted the -00 draft; 
  I should read this and comment.
- draft-ietf-mpls-mpls-and-gmpls-security-framework: I've promised 
  to read this once there's a new version.
- "Security roadmap for routing protocols": Gregory has sent the
  first draft-of-a-draft; Tim and I have promised to comment and
  contribute.
- "Applicability guidance for security protocols": Tim and I have  
  promised to write something that would help in determining which
  security mechanism (e.g. TLS, IPsec, SASL, GSS-API, ..) to use
  for a new higher-layer protocol.
- draft-mattsson-srtp-store-and-forward: I've promised to read 
  this and send comments, but haven't done so yet.
  
DISCUSSES (active -- something happened within last month)

- draft-ietf-dime-mip6-integrated: discussion ongoing [at 2008-11-28]
- draft-ietf-enum-combined: waiting for the authors to reply to 
  my comments [since 2008-11-28]
- draft-ietf-mipshop-mstp-solution: I talked with Jari and the authors
  in Minneapolis, and I think we have a rough agreement about the next
  steps; waiting for authors to propose concrete text [since 2008-11-17]
- draft-ietf-shim6-proto: Erik has sent proposed text; I need to 
  read it [since 2008-11-20]
- draft-ietf-simple-imdn: rough agreement on changes, waiting
  for authors to submit a revised ID [since 2008-11-17]
- draft-ietf-sip-dtls-srtp-framework: waiting for authors to reply 
  to my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-11-06]
- draft-ietf-vrrp-unified-spec: waiting for authors to propose 
  text [since 2008-11-28]
- draft-kato-camellia-ctrccm: waiting for authors to reply 
  to my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-11-06]
- draft-kato-ipsec-camellia-modes: waiting for authors to reply 
  to my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-11-06]

DISCUSSES (stalled -- I haven't heard anything from the authors 
or document shepherd for over one month)

- draft-ietf-sip-xcapevent: waiting for revised ID or RFC Editor
  Note to fix the ABNF/XML bugs [since 2008-10-24]
- draft-ietf-sipping-policy-package: waiting for more information
  from Mary or Jon [since 2008-10-28]

DISCUSSES (presumed dead -- I haven't heard anything from the authors
or document shepherd for over three months)

- draft-cain-post-inch-phishingextns: waiting for authors to reply 
  to my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-08-28]
- draft-ietf-bfd-base: waiting for authors to reply to my 
  comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-06-05]
- draft-ietf-bfd-multihop: waiting for authors to reply to 
  my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-06-05]
- draft-ietf-bfd-v4v6-1hop: waiting for authors to reply to 
  my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-06-05]

--end--
_______________________________________________
secdir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/secdir