Subject: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-pce-dste-02

From: Charles Clancy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 16:56:03 -0500

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's 
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG. 
  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security 
area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these 
comments just like any other last call comments.

Title: Diff-Serv Aware Class Type Object for Path Computation Element 
Communication Protocol

This document specifies a CLASSTYPE object for diffserv-aware traffic 
engineering, where path computation uses the path computation element 
(PCE) defined in draft-ietf-pce-pcep-18.

This document has extremely sparse security considerations, stating that 
since it is simply defining a CLASSTYPE it doesn't change the security 
implications of PCE, as described in detail in draft-ietf-pce-pcep-18. 
Given the circumstances, this seems reasonable.

-- 
t. charles clancy, ph.d.                 eng.umd.edu/~tcc
electrical & computer engineering, university of maryland
_______________________________________________
secdir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/secdir