Subject: [secdir] Secdir review of draft-ietf-sieve-mime-loop-08

From: Brian Weis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 18:25:46 -0800

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's  
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the  
IESG. These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the  
security area directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat  
these comments just like any other last call comments.

As stated in the abstract, the document defines extensions to the  
Sieve email filtering language to permit analysis and manipulation of  
the MIME body parts of an email message. In particular, it adds  
several new "actions" by which an entity evaluating the mail message  
can alter it. Altering the message invalidates any digital signature  
included in the message, and this is duly noted in the security  
considerations section. I see no problem with the document.

Brian

P.S. to authors: There's a typo at the end of Section 4.2: s/ 
INBOX.part-from-time/INBOX.part-from-tim/.
-- 
Brian Weis
Router/Switch Security Group, ARTG, Cisco Systems
Telephone: +1 408 526 4796
Email: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
secdir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/secdir