Subject: [secdir] SecDir review of draft-ietf-avt-rtp-uemclip-04

From: Magnus Nyström <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 08:36:44 +0100 (W. Europe Standard Time)

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's 
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG. 
These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security area 
directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments 
just like any other last call comments.

Background
----------
This document describes the payload format of an enhanced speech codec of 
ITU-T G.711.

Comments
--------

The draft appears well written to me (it may benefit from an editorial 
review by a native English reader however). The Security Considerations 
section also appears adequate. One (possible) suggestion: The security 
consideration section notes the risk of memory attacks due to illegal 
layer indices etc. Maybe it could also be pointed out that decoders could 
be configured to reject layer indices etc. that are outside of some 
specified policy?

Other than that I have no additional comments on this document.

-- Magnus