Subject: [secdir] Pasi's AD Notes for January 2009

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 15:16:02 +0100

Hi all,

Here's again a short status update about what things are going on
from my point-of-view. If you notice anything that doesn't look
right, let me know -- miscommunication and mix-ups do happen.

Best regards,
Pasi

MISC NOTES

- Security area WG chairs had a virtual meeting on January 12 to
  discuss having "virtual interim meetings" to help WGs get more
  work done between the IETF meetings.
- (not wearing AD hat): Errata #1623 (for RFC 4282): waiting for
  Dan Romascanu to mark this as "Rejected" with note explaining why

WORKING GROUPS

DKIM
- Lot of discussion about draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871-errata and the
  meaning of d=/i= tags (and I haven't read all the emails).
- draft-ietf-dkim-ssp: the errata discussion may impact Section 2.7
  (or at least the reasoning behind doing it, even if no technical
  change is done), so currently I'm waiting to see if some kind
  of consensus is reached before taking ADSP to IESG.
- draft-ietf-dkim-overview: in Publication Requested, waiting
  for ADSP to progress first (but since ADSP is taking longer
  than expected, I may attempt progressing them in parallel).
- Waiting for WG to send list of RFC errata IDs the WG agrees on.

EMU
- draft-ietf-emu-gpsk: now in RFC Editor Queue/AUTH48
- Discussion about use of EAP type codes in EAP-FAST documents
- Verified errata 1389 for EAP-TLS (RFC 5216)

IPSECME
- Busy month in IPSECME -- and lots of emails that I haven't read yet
- Russ verified errata #1502 for RFC 4718 (IKEv2 Clarifications).

ISMS
- Lots of emails that I haven't read yet.

KEYPROV
- Lots of emails that I haven't read yet.

PKIX
- Note: I'm shepherding two PKIX drafts where Tim is a co-author
- draft-ietf-pkix-ecc-subpubkeyinfo: in RFC Editor Queue/AUTH48
- draft-ietf-pkix-rfc4055-update: went through IETF Last Call and
  IESG evaluation; waiting for the authors to propose text to
  handle Jari's discuss [since 2009-01-30]

SASL
- Some progress on SCRAM, it seems.

SYSLOG
- draft-ietf-syslog-transport-tls: now in RFC Editor Queue/AUTH48
  state, but blocked by the RFC 5378 problem.
- draft-ietf-syslog-sign: in AD Evaluation, waiting for me to
  read version -24 [since 2008-12-11]

TLS
- draft-ietf-tls-des-idea: now in RFC Editor Queue/AUTH48, waiting
  for me to check it [since 2009-01-30]
- draft-ietf-tls-ecdhe-psk: went through IETF Last Call and IESG
  Evaluation; waiting to see if anyone in WG objects to text
  proposed to address Tim's discuss [since 2009-01-30].
- draft-ietf-tls-psk-new-mac-aes-gcm: was approved by IESG, going
  to RFC Editor Queue soon
- draft-housley-tls-authz-extns went to 4th IETF Last Call
- Errata #1585: waiting for Ekr to confirm that this errata is
  correct [since 2008-11-06]

OTHER DOCUMENTS

- draft-randall-3447bis: I finally reviewed this draft, and sent
  James Randall a bunch of comments.
- draft-lebovitz-kmart-roadmap: now that -00 was posted, I have
  promised to comment and contribute.
- draft-ietf-mpls-mpls-and-gmpls-security-framework: I've promised
  to read this.
- "Applicability guidance for security protocols": Tim and I have
  promised to write something that would help in determining which
  security mechanism (e.g. TLS, IPsec, SASL, GSS-API, ..) to use
  for a new higher-layer protocol.
- draft-mattsson-srtp-store-and-forward: I've been planning to
  read this and send comments, but it seems unlikely I'll get
  to this anytime soon.

DISCUSSES (active -- something happened within last month)

- draft-cain-post-inch-phishingextns: authors have promised a new
  version some time in February [since 2009-01-29]
- draft-ietf-l2tpext-tdm: waiting for the authors or Mark to
  reply [since 2009-01-27]
- draft-ietf-mext-nemo-v4traversal: discussion ongoing, waiting for
  authors to propose text  [since 2009-01-19]
- draft-ietf-mipshop-mstp-solution: waiting for Jari to confirm
  that the proposed IESG note is OK; will move to "Abstain" once
  Jari says we're ready to go [since 2009-01-30]
- draft-ietf-monami6-multiplecoa: some text agreed, waiting
  for authors to reply to my remaining comments [since 2009-01-28]
- draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc1831bis: I need to check if version -11
  addresses my comments [since 2009-01-30]
- draft-ietf-ospf-lls: waiting for a revised ID or RFC Editor Notes
  to address my remaining comments [since 2009-01-19]
- draft-ietf-radext-management-authorization: waiting for authors to
  reply to my comments [since 2009-01-28]
- draft-ietf-roll-urban-routing-reqs: good discussion ongoing,
  waiting for the authors to reply [since 2009-01-27]
- draft-ietf-shim6-proto: discussion ongoing, waiting for me to
  review the text proposed by Erik [since 2009-01-24]
- draft-ietf-softwire-encaps-ipsec: lots of emails that I need
  to read [since 2009-01-29]
- draft-ietf-softwire-encaps-safi: waiting for Dave/Ross to
  check the text proposed by authors [since 2009-02-02]
- draft-ietf-softwire-hs-framework-l2tpv2: discussion ongoing, waiting
  for authors to reply or submit a revised ID [since 2009-01-30]
- draft-igoe-secsh-aes-gcm: authors have proposed text to
  partially address my discuss; waiting for Tim to take a look
  and comment [2009-01-30]
- draft-kato-camellia-ctrccm: authors have proposed text that would
  resolve my comments; waiting for a revised ID [since 2009-01-06]
- draft-stjohns-sipso: waiting for Tim to propose a path
  forward [since 2009-01-29]

DISCUSSES (stalled -- I haven't heard anything from the authors
or document shepherd for over one month)

- draft-cheshire-dnsext-nbp: waiting for authors to reply to my
  comments [since 2008-12-03]
- draft-ietf-calsify-rfc2445bis: waiting for authors to reply to my
  comment [since 2008-12-18]
- draft-ietf-enum-combined: waiting for authors to propose text
  or a revised ID [since 2008-12-11]
- draft-ietf-sip-dtls-srtp-framework: waiting for authors to reply
  to my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-11-06]
- draft-ietf-vrrp-unified-spec: waiting for authors to propose
  text [since 2008-11-07]
- draft-kato-ipsec-camellia-modes: waiting for authors to reply
  to my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-11-06]

DISCUSSES (presumed dead -- I haven't heard anything from the authors
or document shepherd for over three months)

- draft-ietf-bfd-base: waiting for authors to reply to my
  comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-06-05]
- draft-ietf-bfd-multihop: waiting for authors to reply to
  my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-06-05]
- draft-ietf-bfd-v4v6-1hop: waiting for authors to reply to
  my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-06-05]
- draft-ietf-sip-xcapevent: waiting for revised ID or RFC Editor
  Note to fix the ABNF/XML bugs [since 2008-10-24]
- draft-ietf-sipping-policy-package: waiting for more information
  from Mary or Jon [since 2008-10-28]

--end--
_______________________________________________
secdir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/secdir