Subject: [secdir] draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-capabilities-03.txt

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 17:14:38 -0400

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors. These comments should be treated just like
any other last call comments.

This draft concerns dynamic LDP capability announcement and
withdrawal. It's Security Considerations section simply refers to RFC
5306, the LDP Specification. While it doesn't seem to me that RFC 5306
offers much security, mostly saying only talk to people you trust,
this referral from draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-capabilities-03.txt appears to
correctly summarize the security considerations for this draft.

nits:

Section 2, fourth dash point
OLD
    - Includes an IANA considerations section that requests IANA for
     assignment of code point for the optional parameter corresponding
NEW
    - Includes an IANA considerations section that requests IANA
     assignment of a code point for the optional parameter corresponding

Section 3:
2nd paragraph: insert "a" or "the" after "The format of".
Page 5/6: do not split ASCII art over a page boundary.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-634-2066 (home)
 155 Beaver Street
 Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]