Subject: [secdir] ISOC IPv6 panel, which conflicted with the SecDir lunch

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 16:38:39 -0400

Since I missed the SecDir lunch for the ISOC IPv6 panel, I thought I'd
give a quick summary of the latter.

The session was, as advertised, meant more for the press than for IETF
attendees.  As such, y'all didn't miss much, though it was a good
session.  The (brief) presentations were good, there was time for just
a few questions, and the answers were effective.  I think the press
got a good message.

The content was basically "IETF72 Plenary Lite", and, in fact, two of
the presenters were the same (Lorenzo Colitti and Alain Durand).  The
message was consistent and not surprising: IPv6 is ready, IPv4 has a
limited life, transition is not hard nor expensive, and we should all
do it.

And the rubber chicken was good -- probably better than Subway, but
not as good as the Thai place across the street.

Barry

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 13:45:10 -0700

From Ekr's blog:

<blockquote>
Leslie Daigle just summed up the situation with IPv6 at today's ISOC 
IPv6 press event: "It's [IPv6] sort of a broccoli technology; good for 
you but not necessarily attractive in its own right."
</blockquote>

Barry Leiba wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> secdir mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/secdir
>

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 17:33:32 -0400

> Leslie Daigle just summed up the situation with IPv6 at today's ISOC IPv6
> press event: "It's [IPv6] sort of a broccoli technology; good for you but
> not necessarily attractive in its own right."

Right... to which my <i>sotto voce</i> comment at the time was,
"Mmmmmm, broccoli ! "

Barry