Subject: [secdir] Review of internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pana-statemachine-10.txt

From: Radia Perlman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 12:12:46 -0700

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's 
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG. 
These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security 
area directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat these 
comments just like any other last call comments.

This document writes out the state machines for all the pana functions. 
I did not scrutinize them all to see if they were accurate,
though I did look at a few of them and those were cleanly described and 
well thought out.

It's a bit weird for a document associated with a security protocol to 
have such a short security
considerations section:

>>"  This document's intent is to describe the PANA state machines fully.
>>   To this end, any security concerns with this document are likely a
>>   reflection of security concerns with PANA itself."

But really they are correct -- that the security considerations are for
the PANA protocol itself.

So I see no problems with this document.

Radia

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 23:25:19 +0300

Radia,

Thanks for your review!

Jari

Radia Perlman wrote:
> ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the 
> IESG. These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the 
> security area directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat 
> these comments just like any other last call comments.
>
> This document writes out the state machines for all the pana 
> functions. I did not scrutinize them all to see if they were accurate,
> though I did look at a few of them and those were cleanly described 
> and well thought out.
>