Subject: [secdir] Pasi's AD Notes for March 2009

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 08:57:15 +0200

Here's again a short status update about what things are going on from
my point-of-view. If you notice anything that doesn't look right, let
me know -- miscommunication and mix-ups do happen.

Best regards,
Pasi

MISC NOTES
- I and Tim need to edit the SAAG minutes and post them [since 2009-03-26]
- We have received a liaison statement from ITU-T SG 17; I and Tim 
  need to organize a response.
- (not wearing AD hat): Errata #1628 (for RFC 4742): waiting for
  NETCONF WG chairs/Dan to confirm this [since 2009-02-26]

WORKING GROUPS

DKIM
- draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871-errata: lots of emails that I haven't read yet.
- draft-ietf-dkim-ssp: waiting for the errata dust to settle 
  (probably small changes to Section 2.7, either editorial or technical, 
  are needed no matter how this turns out)
- draft-ietf-dkim-overview: waiting for authors to submit a revised
  ID addressing my AD review comments (except perhaps the first 
  one -- that may require more discussion) and Barry's editorial 
  nits (off-list 2008-10-28...2008-11-12) [since 2009-02-27]
- Waiting for WG to send list of RFC errata IDs (the non-controversial
  ones, not related to d=/i=) the WG agrees on.

EMU
- (not WG items) New RFCs: RFC 5421 and 5422

IPSECME
- (not wearing hats) draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-ipv6-config: I promised
  to update the draft (clean it, address TBDs) so it would be ready 
  for WGLC (as Experimental) if this path is chosen by WG.

ISMS
- draft-ietf-isms-secshell, draft-ietf-isms-tmsm, and
  draft-ietf-isms-transport-security-model: going to IETF last call
- draft-ietf-isms-radius-usage: waiting for me to do my AD 
  review [since 2009-03-27]
- Discussions about rechartering; waiting for concrete proposal  
  from David/Jeff/Wes/etc.

KEYPROV
- Lots of emails I need to read since IETF74...

PKIX
- Note: I'm shepherding two PKIX drafts where Tim is a co-author
- draft-ietf-pkix-ecc-subpubkeyinfo: now published as RFC 5480
- draft-ietf-pkix-rfc4055-update: was approved by IESG, now in 
  RFC Editor queue

SASL
- Some progress on SCRAM/GS2

SYSLOG
- Four new RFCs: RFC 5424, 5425, 5426, 5427
- draft-ietf-syslog-sign: waiting for me to read version -25 
  [since 2009-03-31]
- Discussions about rechartering (either in SEC or OPS area) or
  closing down.

TLS
- draft-ietf-tls-ecdhe-psk: now published as RFC 5489
- draft-ietf-tls-psk-new-mac-aes-gcm: now published as RFC 5487
- (not WG item) draft-rescorla-tls-suiteb: now published as RFC 5430
- (not WG item yet) Apparently some folks are interested in getting
  draft-rescorla-tls-extended-random published (and an implementation
  exists). I was hoping to see a presentation in San Francisco, but
  that didn't happen -- perhaps something happens on the mailing list.
- (not WG item yet) I need to talk with the chairs and Michael
  about what to do with Mobi-D

OTHER DOCUMENTS

- draft-lebovitz-kmart-roadmap: I need to read this and 
  comment/contribute.
- "Applicability guidance for security protocols": Tim and I have
  promised to write something that would help in determining which
  security mechanism (e.g. TLS, IPsec, SASL, GSS-API, ..) to use
  for a new higher-layer protocol.

DISCUSSES (active -- something happened within last month)

- draft-ietf-bfd-base: text agreed, waiting for authors to submit 
  a revised ID [since 2009-03-19]
- draft-ietf-btns-connection-latching: waiting for me to read
  the new version -09 [since 2009-03-26]
- draft-ietf-calsify-rfc2445bis: changes agreed, waiting for 
  the authors to submit a revised ID [since 2009-03-31]
- draft-ietf-l2tpext-tdm: waiting for authors to submit a revised
  ID and Ralph to re-do the IETF last call [since 2009-02-07]
- draft-ietf-monami6-multiplecoa: some text agreed; discussed the
  IPsec problem in IETF74, and came to rough agreement on how to solve
  it; waiting for authors to propose concrete text [since 2009-03-24]
- draft-ietf-ospf-lls: version -07 did not address my comments;
  waiting for a revised ID or RFC Editor Notes [since 2009-03-19]
- draft-ietf-softwire-encaps-ipsec: I think we roughly agreed
  on how to solve the initiator authentication problem; waiting
  for authors to propose concrete text [since 2009-03-27]
- draft-igoe-secsh-aes-gcm: waiting for Tim to send email to 
  secsh list/other folks [since 2009-03-22]

DISCUSSES (stalled -- I haven't heard anything from the authors
or document shepherd for over one month)

- draft-cain-post-inch-phishingextns: authors have promised a new
  version some time in February [since 2009-01-29]
- draft-ietf-radext-management-authorization: waiting for authors to
  reply to my comments [since 2009-01-28]

DISCUSSES (presumed dead -- I haven't heard anything from the authors
or document shepherd for over three months)

- draft-cheshire-dnsext-nbp: waiting for authors to reply to my
  comments [since 2008-12-03]
- draft-ietf-vrrp-unified-spec: waiting for authors to propose
  text [since 2008-11-07] (but talked briefly with Radia at IETF74)
- draft-ietf-sip-xcapevent: waiting for revised ID or RFC Editor
  Note to fix the ABNF/XML bugs [since 2008-10-24]
- draft-ietf-sipping-policy-package: waiting for more information
  from Mary or Jon [since 2008-10-28]

--end--