Subject: [secdir] request for security advisor for roll

From: Tim Polk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 09:17:27 -0400

Folks,

We have received a request for a security advisor from the Routing  
Over Low power and Lossy networks (roll) working group.  They feel  
that they have quite a lot of security issues that are going to come  
up, and they really need some help. Their main expertise is in routing  
protocols and in the infrastructure of the low-powered (mainly)  
wireless networks with which they work.  The working group is  
beginning to get some focus on a security framework (not yet a WG I- 
D), and is just starting protocol work.  The time is right for a  
security advisor to have a real impact.

Pasi and I believe that they will need an involved security advisor -  
someone that will stay current on the mailing list, participate in any  
security relevant discussions, and assist with the security framework  
draft.  We were wondering if anyone was already planning to  
participate in roll; assigning an advisor with significant personal  
interest is a recipe for success!  If you hadn't considered it  
previously, you might want to review the charter to get a sense of the  
group:

                   http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/roll-charter.html

Anyway, please let us know if you are willing to act as security  
advisor for roll.

Thanks,

Tim & Pasi