Subject: [secdir] sec-dir review of draft-ietf-mpls-tp-gach-gal-05

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 16:47:35 -0400

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's 
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the 
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the 
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat 
these comments just like any other last call comments.

   This document generalizes the applicability of the pseudowire (PW)
   Associated Channel Header (ACH), enabling the realization of a
   control channel associated to MPLS Label Switched Paths (LSPs) and
   MPLS Sections in addition to MPLS pseudowires.  In order to identify
   the presence of this Associated Channel Header in the label stack,
   this document also assigns one of the reserved MPLS label values to
   the Generic Associated Channel Label (GAL), to be used as a label
   based exception mechanism.

This document refers to RFC 4385 and 5085 for security consideration
dependencies.  I believe this document adds no new security issues.

-derek

-- 
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       [email-masked]             www.ihtfp.com
       Computer and Internet Security Consultant