Subject: [secdir] secdir review of draft-thomson-beep-async-02

From: Samuel Weiler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 00:41:07 -0400 (EDT)

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

This is a BEEP extension to enable asynchrony.  The security 
considerations section highlights the DOS potential from state 
accumulation, and I don't think anything more needs to be said.  I see 
no security problems with the document.

Process/quality of review: The template for the doc says it was 
reviewed on the BEEP WG list, but the document doesn't suggest taking 
discussion there.  And BEEP closed in 2002.

Typo in section 3.1:
s/separate/separated/

I also noticed that there's no list of contributors nor any 
acknowledgements.  Might some be appropriate?

-- Sam

---

From: "Thomson, Martin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 01:06:46 -0500

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the review.  I'll make sure that that typo is squashed.

> acknowledgements.  Might some be appropriate?

Misconception, conception, design, and implementation can all be laid at my feet.  The only input I've received on this document has been editorial.  Plenty of feedback, but nothing more substantive than questions.  I guess that's the nice thing with such a simple idea.

--Martin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message is for the designated recipient only and may
contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original.  Any unauthorized use of
this email is prohibited.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[mf2]