Subject: [secdir] Pasi's AD Notes for May 2009

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 13:18:09 +0200

Here's again a short status update about what things are going on from
my point-of-view. If you notice anything that doesn't look right, let
me know -- miscommunication and mix-ups do happen.

Best regards,
Pasi

MISC NOTES
- I will be on parental leave/vacation (and off-line) from June 19 
  to July 19; the next AD notes will be posted before that
- IESG had a face-to-face meeting on May 11-12
- Deployed new code for datatracker.ietf.org for IESG testing
  (if you're interested in testing "new tracker", drop me an email)
- Replied to liaison statement from ITU-T SG 17
- IETF 75 preparation: SAAG agenda (if you have any topics, please 
  email Tim and me); requested slot for SAAG; requested room for 
  Security Directorate lunch
- Updated security area part of the "requirements for open IESG 
  positions" text (for NomCom) with Tim
- Processed errata for PKIX (RFC 5280), SSH (RFC 4335), KINK (RFC 4430)
- Helping IANA to fix missing registries for KeyNote (RFC 2704/2792)
  and Diffie-Hellman DNS KEY records (RFC 2539)
- Certicom posted updated IPR disclosures (1153, 1154)
- Looking into appointing security advisor for ROLL WG with Tim
  (currently waiting for Tim to reply to emails)
- (not wearing AD hat): Errata #1628 (for RFC 4742): waiting for
  NETCONF WG chairs/Dan to confirm this [since 2009-02-26] (some 
  emails in May, but not done yet)

WORKING GROUPS

DKIM
- draft-ietf-dkim-overview: waiting for the authors to do the final 
  clarifications to address IESG discussion [since 2009-05-28]
- draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871-errata: went through IETF Last Call, on 
  agenda of 2009-06-04 IESG telechat
- draft-ietf-dkim-ssp: waiting for WG chairs to confirm that the WG 
  is happy with the changes in version -10; on agenda of 2009-06-04
  IESG telechat
- Marked bunch of RFC 4871 errata as Verified or Held for Document
  Update. 
- I still need to review what to do about errata 1385, 1532, and 1596

EMU
- Quiet month

IPSECME
- draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-redirect: publication requested; Tim
  will be the responsible AD for this draft
- Virtual interim meeting held on 2009-05-05
- Working on fixing the IANA registrations of RFC 4543
- (not wearing AD hat) draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-ipv6-config: I promised
  to update the draft (clean it, address TBDs) so it would be ready 
  for WGLC (as Experimental) if this path is chosen by WG.

ISMS
- draft-ietf-isms-secshell, draft-ietf-isms-tmsm, and
  draft-ietf-isms-transport-security-model: were approved by IESG,
  now in RFC Editor queue
- draft-ietf-isms-radius-usage: waiting for authors to submit
  a revised draft to address the DISCUSSes [since 2009-05-14]
- I need to follow up on rechartering [since 2009-05-25]

KEYPROV
- I need to catch up with the latest emails...

PKIX
- draft-ietf-pkix-rfc4055-update: in RFC Editor queue, waiting
  for 3281update draft (not a normative reference, but authors
  preferred it this way).

SASL
- Some discussions about channel bindings, change control, and
  getting IETF standards track channel bindings for TLS

SYSLOG
- draft-ietf-syslog-sign: I need to check the updated version -26  
  [since 2009-05-27]
- Some discussions about rechartering

TLS
- draft-ietf-tls-extractor: in AD evaluation, waiting for Eric to 
  submit a revised draft [since 2009-05-27]
- draft-ietf-tls-rfc4366-bis: went through WGLC; waiting for
  authors to submit a revised draft, and WG chairs to send 
  a publication request soon...
- Looking into errata #117 (for RFC 4346)
- (not WG item yet) I need to talk with the chairs and Michael
  about what to do with Mobi-D

OTHER DOCUMENTS

- draft-lebovitz-kmart-roadmap: I need to read this and 
  comment/contribute.
- "Applicability guidance for security protocols": Tim and I have
  promised to write something that would help in determining which
  security mechanism (e.g. TLS, IPsec, SASL, GSS-API, ..) to use
  for a new higher-layer protocol.

DISCUSSES (active -- something happened within last month)

- draft-igoe-secsh-aes-gcm: version -02 addressed my largest concern;
  waiting for authors to reply about the remaining ones 
  [since 2009-05-27]

DISCUSSES (stalled -- I haven't heard anything from the authors
or document shepherd for over one month)

- draft-atlas-icmp-unnumbered: waiting for authors to reply to
  my comments [since 2009-04-21]
- draft-ietf-bfd-base: text agreed, waiting for authors to submit 
  a revised ID [since 2009-03-19] (pinged again on 2009-04-30)
- draft-ietf-ipfix-file: waiting for authors to reply to my
  comments [since 2009-04-23]
- draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto: waiting for authors to reply to
  my email or submit a revised ID [since 2009-04-16]
- draft-ietf-ospf-lls: version -07 did not address my comments;
  waiting for a revised ID or RFC Editor Notes [since 2009-03-19]
- draft-ietf-radext-management-authorization: changes agreed,
  waiting for authors to submit a revised ID [since 2009-04-20] 
  (pinged again 2009-05-28)

DISCUSSES (presumed dead -- I haven't heard anything from the authors
or document shepherd for over three months)

- draft-cain-post-inch-phishingextns: authors have promised a new
  version some time in February [since 2009-01-29]
- draft-cheshire-dnsext-nbp: waiting for authors to reply to my
  comments [since 2008-12-03] (pinged again on 2009-04-30)
- draft-ietf-vrrp-unified-spec: waiting for authors to propose
  text [since 2008-11-07] (but talked briefly with Radia at IETF74)
- draft-ietf-sipping-policy-package: waiting for draft-ietf-sipping-
  media-policy-dataset to progress (or more information from Robert)
  [since 2008-10-28]

--end--