Subject: [secdir] Nroff editor

From: Stefan Santesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 04:26:45 +0200

Hi,

I hope this is appropriate communication on this mailing list.

I finally got some spare time to write the tool I always wanted to have when
editing and compiling .nroff formatted I-Ds. I have always hated the endless
cut and paste, compile, check result iterations when finalizing a new draft.

With this simple app you can edit and see the result instantly in one single
app. 
Some basic information and screenshots are available on my website:
http://aaa-sec.com/nroffedit/index.html
Download is available from:
http://aaa-sec.com/nroffedit/nroffedit/download.html

This is basically a Java Swing app distributed in .jar format, which can be
opened in any computer with Java VM installed.
The Mac version uses Java VM 1.6 and the Windows version Java VM 1.6.

It would be fun to know if anyone else would find this useful, and also if
you could test this with other .nroff files  and find bugs I didn¹t catch.
If you find any, or have any suggestions, I would be happy to know them.

Cheers

/Stefan