Subject: [secdir] secdir review of draft-hollenbeck-rfc4931bis-01

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 02:04:38 -0400

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

This document is progressing RFC 4931 from Draft Standard to [full]
Standard.  That's an entirely appropriate thing to do, and I see no
issues with this document.  I also note, as requested in the Last Call
notice, that I think the downreference to RFC 952 is appropriate.

Two nits that I noticed, both in Section 1.1:

OLD
   Name server hosts for domain delegation can be specified as either
   references to existing host objects or as domain attributes that
   describe a host machine.
NEW
   Name server hosts for domain delegation can be specified either as
   references to existing host objects or as domain attributes that
   describe a host machine.

OLD
   -  Zero or more OPTIONAL <domain:hostAddr> element that contain the
      IP addresses to be associated with the host.  Each element MAY
  NEW
   -  Zero or more OPTIONAL <domain:hostAddr> elements that contain the
      IP addresses to be associated with the host.  Each element MAY

Barry
-- 
Barry Leiba  ([email-masked])
http://internetmessagingtechnology.org/