Subject: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-sip-record-route-fix-06

From: Chris Lonvick <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 12:23:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's 
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG. 
These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security area 
directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments 
just like any other last call comments.

The document explans the problems with SIP record route recommendations 
from prior documents and proposes a solution that should result in 
consistent behaviour.  While I am not intimately familiar with SIP and SIP 
proxying, I think that this is a good thing.

The Security Considerations section is appropriate for this document.

I did come across two nits in my review.  The first is that the Abstract 
contains "sip" and "sips" but those are all uppercase throughout the rest 
of the document.  The rest of that paragraph could use some scrutiny as 
well to make some parts of it more clear.

Also, the third paragraph in section 5 talks about a "spiral".  That 
concept is not defined in this document so I couldn't tell if it is a good 
thing, or a bad thing.

Regards,
Chris