Subject: [secdir] Secdir review of draft-freed-sieve-in-xml-05

From: Stefan Santesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 14:19:27 +0200

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These
comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security area
directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

This document describes a way to represent Sieve email filtering language
scripts in XML.  Representing sieves in XML is intended not as an alternate
storage format for Sieve but rather as a means to facilitate manipulation of
scripts using XML tools.

As such , this draft does not define a new protocol, but rather a way to
wrap and handle an existing protocol. As this draft concludes, the security
considerations of this draft equals reasonably to those of the Sieve
protocol and those of using XML to represent information. Proper references
to relevant security considerations seems to be present in this document and
I can¹t find any additional issues that I think the Security Area Directors
should be aware of.

Stefan Santesson
AAA-sec.com