Subject: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-simple-interdomain-scaling-analysis

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 21:51:24 -0400

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

There are no security issues with this document.  It's a survey and
analysis of current implementation, and correctly notes in its
Security Considerations section that security issues will certainly
come up in the subsequent work that follows up on the results and
analysis presented here.

I reviewed the -06 version, and found that its English was *far* worse
than usual for documents sent to last call -- I wonder how it got that
far in that state.  As I decided how to handle that with last-call
comments, an -07 version was put out.  That version fixes many of the
problems, and makes the document tolerable... though it still needs
quite a bit of editing.  It might need more editing than is reasonable
to pass last call and IESG, and expect the RFC editor to handle.

If the authors would like, I'm willing to take an editing pass through
the document.  If they want me to do that, they should send me,
privately, the XML source, and I'll have a go.

Barry
-- 
Barry Leiba  ([email-masked])
http://internetmessagingtechnology.org/

---

From: Avshalom Houri <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 21:34:50 +0300

Hi Barry,

Thanks a lot for the review. I will send you the XML for an editing pass.

--Avshalom

From:
Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
To:
[email-masked], 
[email-masked]
Cc:
[email-masked], [email-masked]
Date:
19/07/2009 06:10 PM
Subject:
secdir review of draft-ietf-simple-interdomain-scaling-analysis
Sent by:
[email-masked]

Barry