Subject: [secdir] Review of draft-ietf-ipfix-export-per-sctp-stream-02

From: Shawn M Emery <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2009 00:29:41 -0600

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.
These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security
area directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat these
comments just like any other last call comments.

This draft describes a protocol for exporting definitions and associated 
data over one Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) stream, as 
opposed to spreading across multiple streams in support of IP Flow 
Information eXport (IPFIX).  The advantages being; determination of the 
rate of loss, reduction in data loss, reduce resource requirements by 
receiver, etc.

This draft defers security considerations to RFC 5101, which does a good 
job in defining the various scenarios and respective solutions.  I 
didn't find any new security concerns that this draft introduces.

General comments(s):

Thanks for including an example section.

Editorial comment(s):

Please expand abbreviations, such as PR, SCTP, and IPFIX at the 
beginning of the document.

s/ RFC5101 /[RFC5101]/

s/RFC 2119 [RFC2119]/[RFC2119]/

s/RFC 3917 [RFC3917]/[RFC3917]/

s/descried/described/

Shawn.
--