Subject: [secdir] secdir review of draft-nottingham-http-link-header

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 11:02:56 +0200

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's 
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG. 
  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security 
area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these 
comments just like any other last call comments.

Document: draft-nottingham-http-link-header-06.txt
Reviewer: Sean Turner
Review Date: 2009-07-30
IETF LC End Date: 2009-08-11
IESG Telechat date: N/A

Summary: This document specifies relation types for Web links, and 
defines a registry for them.  It also defines how to send such links in 
HTTP headers with the Link header-field.

Comments: The security considerations are pretty clear: the content of 
the fields aren't secured in any way. I think some text should be added 
that says something like "[Mechanism XYZ] can be combined with [protocol 
ABC] to provide the following security service: 1, 2, 3."

spt