Subject: Re: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-ancp-framework-10

From: "OOGHE Sven" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 16:25:47 +0200

Pat

Thanks for reviewing. I have changed the first sentence in the security
considerations section according to your proposed wording.

Regards
Sven

-----Original Message-----
From: pat cain [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: maandag 29 juni 2009 16:12
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: secdir review of draft-ietf-ancp-framework-10

Hi,

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's 
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the 
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the 
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat 
these comments just like any other last call comments.

This document defines a framework for an Access Node Control Mechanism
between a Network Access Server and a DSLAM. It is informational.

I have a mostly small comment on this document:

The security considerations section points to
"draft-ietf-ancp-security-threats
that lists the security-related security threats". I read that document,
too.
It has more than threats in it; there a whole section on security
requirements. 
I would add a small phrase to the security considerations of the
framework
to 
make sure the reader is aware that there are more requirements than just
what 
is in the framework document. Maybe just add a few words to the first
sentence of the security considerations section in the framework: "I
develops a threat model [ and identifies requirements] for ANCP
security...."

Otherwise it looked okay to me. 

Pat Cain