Subject: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-dime-pmip6-02

From: Tom Yu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 20:40:15 -0400

The Security Considerations section states:

   The security considerations of the Diameter Base protocol [RFC3588],
   Diameter EAP application [RFC4072], Diameter NASREQ application
   [RFC4005] and Diameter Mobile IPv6 integrated scenario bootstrapping
   [RFC5447] are applicable to this document.

Should a reference to RFC 4832 (Security Threats to NETLMM) be
included here?  There appear to be no obvious additional security
considerations beyond those mentioned in the above documents. (if
including the suggested additional citation)

   In general, the Diameter messages may be transported between the HA
   and the Diameter server via one or more AAA brokers or Diameter
   agents.  In this case the HA to the Diameter server AAA communication
   rely on the security properties of the intermediate AAA brokers and
   Diameter agents (such as proxies).

"HA" as used above is not defined in the document, and is used nowhere
else in the document.  Is it a Home Agent?  (which is not really
otherwise mentioned in this document)

Editorial:

"DER" and "DEA" are not defined.  I am fairly sure that "DER" does not
mean "Distinguished Encoding Rules" in this document.

The caption for Figure 4 crosses a page break, making it appear
truncated.

The term "Local Mobility Anchor" is confusing to me, because it seems
to imply an entity that is local to the Mobile Node, but the term
appears well-established in earlier documents.

draft-ietf-netlmm-pmip6-ipv4-support is now on revision #14, but is
cited as "-11".