Subject: [secdir] Pasi's AD Notes for September 2009

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 17:33:21 +0200

Here's again a short status update about what things are going on from
my point-of-view. If you notice anything that doesn't look right, let
me know -- miscommunication and mix-ups do happen.

Best regards,
Pasi

MISC NOTES

- Sent a liaison statement reply to ITU-T regarding identity 
  management.
- Informed NomCom that I'm not running for a second term (see
  http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/secdir/current/msg00994.html)
- Reviewed ROHCoIPsec drafts again for IETF last call.
- (not wearing AD hat): Errata #1628 (for RFC 4742): IANA has now  
  fixed the registry and Dan verified the errata. 
- Tools work: test suite improvements, Django 1.x transition,
  tools authentication model, IESG agenda-related tools, etc.
- Requested room/slot for SAAG and SecDir lunch at IETF76.
- Some discussions about SIDR algorithm agility.

WORKING GROUPS

DKIM
- Waiting for Stephen and Barry for new charter text (noting that 
  current work items are completed and adding 4871bis)
- I still need to review what to do about errata 1385, 1532, and 1596
- Talked about the mailing list with Tim/chairs/Dave; decided to keep
  the current list (and not move it to ietf.org) for the time being,
  since it's DKIM-signing the emails (and 

EMU

IPSECME
- A virtual interim meeting was held on 2009-09-22.
- Still working on fixing the IANA registrations of RFC 4543; 
  currently waiting for IANA [since 2009-07-31; pinged several
  times since then]
- draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-resumption: went through IETF last call; 
  now in IESG evaluation and on agenda of the 2009-10-08 telechat.
- draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-redirect (not wearing AD hat; Tim is 
  handling this one): was approved by IESG, now in RFC editor queue.
- draft-ietf-ipsecme-traffic-visibility: waiting for the WG to 
  discuss my AD evaluation comments and eventually submit a revised
  ID [since 2009-09-17] (there are also some emails I haven't read
  yet, and may need to reply to)
- draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-ipv6-config (not wearing AD hat): went
  through IETF last call; on agenda of the 2009-10-08 telechat.
- draft-kanno-ipsecme-camellia-xcbc (not WG item): the authors
  have asked if I would sponsor this as individual submission;
  currently waiting for me to take a look and reply [since 2009-09-29]

ISMS
- Some emails I haven't read yet...

KEYPROV
- Some emails I haven't read yet...

PKIX
- draft-ietf-pkix-sha2-dsa-ecdsa: in IETF last call until 2009-10-05.
- draft-ietf-pkix-rfc4055-update: in RFC Editor queue, waiting for
  draft-ietf-pkix-sha2-dsa-ecdsa.

SASL
- draft-ietf-sasl-scram: went through IETF Last Call; waiting for
  me to read all the emails and figure out next steps [since 2009-09-28]
- (not WG item) draft-melnikov-sasl-scram-ldap: I am sponsoring this 
  as individual submission; currently in IETF last call until 2009-10-26.
- (not WG item) draft-altman-tls-channel-bindings: I've promised
  to sponsor this as individual submission; currently waiting for 
  Nico to prepare the write-up before starting IETF Last Call 
  [since 2009-08-31]

SYSLOG
- Rechartering was approved by IESG.
- draft-ietf-syslog-sign: went through IETF last call; waiting
  for the authors to reply to last call comments and submit
  a revised ID [since 2009-09-17]

TLS
- draft-ietf-tls-rfc4366-bis: went through IETF last call; waiting
  for Donald to reply to the last call comments and submit a 
  revised ID [since 2009-09-09]
- Looking into errata #117 (for RFC 4346)
- (not WG item) see SASL WG for draft-altman-tls-channel-bindings
- draft-ietf-tls-extractor: was approved by IESG; now in RFC editor
  queue. 

OTHER DOCUMENTS

DISCUSSES (active -- something happened within last month)

- draft-cain-post-inch-phishingextns: waiting for authors
  to submit a revised ID [since 2009-09-04]
- draft-harkins-emu-eap-pwd: waiting for authors to reply to my
  comments [since 2009-09-25]
- draft-housley-tls-authz-extns: waiting for authors to submit
  a revised ID [since 2009-09-22]
- draft-solinas-rfc4753bis: waiting for authors to reply
  to my comments [since 2009-09-24]

DISCUSSES (stalled -- I haven't heard anything from the authors
or document shepherd for over one month)

- draft-freed-sieve-in-xml: waiting for authors to propose changes
  or submit a revised ID [since 2009-08-13]
- draft-ietf-netconf-partial-lock: waiting for authors to 
  propose text or submit a revised ID [since 2009-08-13]
- draft-ietf-ntp-autokey: waiting for Ralph to get more
  information from WG [since 2009-08-20]
- draft-ietf-vrrp-unified-spec: waiting for authors to propose
  text [since 2008-07-26]

DISCUSSES (presumed dead -- I haven't heard anything from the authors
or document shepherd for over three months)

- draft-cheshire-dnsext-nbp: waiting for authors to reply to my
  comments [since 2008-12-03] (pinged again on 2009-04-30 and
  2009-06-09)
- draft-ietf-bfd-base: text agreed, waiting for authors to submit 
  a revised ID [since 2009-03-19] (pinged again on 2009-04-30
  and 2009-06-09)
- draft-ietf-dime-diameter-api: waiting for Dan to get WG's opinion 
  on whether this will be useful and if yes, why [since 2009-06-18]
- draft-ietf-ntp-ntpv4-proto: waiting for authors to reply to
  my email or submit a revised ID [since 2009-04-16]
- draft-ietf-sipping-policy-package: waiting for draft-ietf-sipping-
  media-policy-dataset to progress (or more information from Robert)
  [since 2008-10-28]

--end--