Subject: [secdir] RFID Experiments at IETF76

From: Samuel Weiler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 21:23:57 -0400 (EDT)

Short version: anyone want to help with some RFID fun in Hiroshima? 
If so, let me know.

Long version: I'm assuming everyone saw the announcement of the RFID 
experiment to be conducted in Hiroshima.  If not, see the IETF list 
threads "Important Information about IETF 76 Meeting Registration" and 
"Some more background on the RFID experiment in Hiroshima" from August 
18th and September 10th, respectively, as well as: 
http://www.inet.info.hiroshima-cu.ac.jp/ietf76-exp/index.html#bluesheet

While we haven't been given much detail about the system to be used, 
it's my understanding that the RFID cards have no access control and 
can be both read and written by anyone.

In the late 1990's the security ADs and others had a habit of running 
password sniffers at SAAG and the IETF plenary, then showing the 
results to the assembled masses, in the interest of raising public 
awareness.  In that same spirit, I'm thinking of some similar fun with 
RFID.  Anyone interested in helping is more than welcome.  More 
details upon expression of interest.

-- Sam