Subject: [secdir] Request for early review of draft-bryan-http-digest-algorithm-values-update

From: Anthony Bryan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 02:26:22 -0400

Lisa Dusseault suggested I ask for early review here. All help is appreciated!

A new version of I-D,
draft-bryan-http-digest-algorithm-values-update-01.txt has been
successfuly submitted by Anthony Bryan and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:        draft-bryan-http-digest-algorithm-values-update
Revision:        01
Title:           Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Digest Algorithm
Values Registry Update
Creation_date:   2009-10-07
WG ID:           Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 5

Abstract:
[RFC3230] created the IANA registry named "Hypertext Transfer
Protocol (HTTP) Digest Algorithm Values" which defines values for
digest algorithms used in HTTP.  This draft adds new values to the
registry and updates previous values.

-- 
(( Anthony Bryan ... Metalink [ http://www.metalinker.org ]
  )) Easier, More Reliable, Self Healing Downloads

---

From: Uri Blumenthal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 12:50:44 -0400

I've reviewed this draft. It just adds more hash functions to HTTP Digest
mechanism, and as such - does not add any security exposures beyond those
discussed in RFC 3230 and 2617.

I'm OK with it.

Quoting Anthony Bryan <[email-masked]>:
> _______________________________________________
> secdir mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/secdir
>