Subject: [secdir] [New-work] WG Review: Internet Area Working Group (intarea)

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 13:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new IETF working group has been proposed in the Internet Area.  The IESG
has not made any determination as yet.  The following draft charter was
submitted, and is provided for informational purposes only.  Please send
your comments to the IESG mailing list ([email-masked]) by Tuesday,
November 3, 2009.

Internet Area Working Group (intarea)
---------------------------------------------------
Current Status: Proposed Working Group
Last modified: 2009-10-22

Chairs:
TBD

Internet Area (int) Directors:
Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>

Internet Area Advisor:
Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion: [email-masked]
Subscribe online at: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/int-area

Description of Working Group:

The Internet Area Working Group (INTAREA WG) acts primarily as a forum 
for  discussing far-ranging topics that affect the entire area. Such 
topics include, for instance, address space issues, basic IP layer 
functionality, and architectural questions. The group also serves as a 
forum to distribute information about ongoing activities in the area, 
create a shared understanding of the challenges and goals for the area, 
and to enable coordination.

The Internet Area receives occasional proposals for the development and 
publication of RFCs that are not in scope of an existing working group 
and do not justify the formation of a new working group. The INTAREA WG 
has a secondary role to serve as the forum for developing such work 
items in the IETF. The working group milestones are updated as needed 
to reflect the current work items and their associated milestones.

New  work must satisfy the following conditions:

 (1) WG consensus on the relevance for the Internet at large.

 (2) WG consensus on the suitability and projected quality of the
      proposed work item.

 (3) A core group of WG participants with sufficient energy and
      expertise to advance the work item according to the proposed
      schedule.

 (4) Commitment from the WG as a whole to provide sufficient
      and timely review of the proposed work item.

 (5) Agreement by the ADs, who, depending on the scope of the proposed
      work item, may decide that an IESG review is needed first.

Milestones:

Dec 2009  Submission of IPID document to the IESG as PS
Mar 2010  Submission of tunneling issues document to the IESG as Info
_______________________________________________
New-work mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/new-work
_______________________________________________
secdir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/secdir