Subject: [secdir] Pasi's AD Notes for November 2009

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 10:17:56 +0100

Here's again a short status update about what things are going on from
my point-of-view. If you notice anything that doesn't look right, let
me know -- miscommunication and mix-ups do happen.

Best regards,
Pasi

MISC NOTES
- Edited and posted IETF76 SAAG minutes (thanks to Jim Schaad
  for taking notes!)
- Tools work: completed Django 1.x transition; retired bunch of
  old code; new authentication/authorization code for datatracker.
- I've been asked to sponsor draft-marin-eap-frm-fastreauth; waiting
  for me to take a look and reply to the authors [since 2009-10-26]
- Some discussions about the new-work and secdir mailing lists    
  [waiting for Loa since 2009-11-10]
- Some discussions related to IODEF/INCH and ARF.  Waiting for 
  IETF Trust [since 2009-11-03].

WORKING GROUPS

DKIM
- draft-ietf-dkim-deployment: currently in AD Evaluation
  state, waiting for me to read it [since 2009-10-26]
- Waiting for Stephen and Barry for new charter text (noting that 
  current work items are completed and adding 4871bis)
- I still need to review what to do about errata 1385, 1532, and 1596,
  and 1942.

EMU
- EMU WG received a new liaison statement from ITU-T about X.1034; 
  the WG chairs have the token for doing something about it.

IPSECME
- draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-redirect (not wearing AD hat): now
  published as RFC 5685.
- draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-resumption: in RFC editor queue.
- draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-ipv6-config (not wearing AD hat): was
  approved by IESG, now in RFC editor queue.
- draft-ietf-ipsecme-traffic-visibility: waiting for the authors
  to submit a revised ID [since 2009-11-27]
- draft-kanno-ipsecme-camellia-xcbc (not WG item): the authors
  have asked if I would sponsor this as individual submission.
  I've sent some questions to them, and I'm currently waiting
  for their reply [since 2009-10-14]
- I need to look at errata 1937 (for RFC 4307) [since 2009-11-02]

ISMS

KEYPROV
- Apparently waiting for the chairs to send some documents
  my way...

PKIX
- draft-ietf-pkix-sha2-dsa-ecdsa: in RFC editor queue.
- draft-ietf-pkix-rfc4055-update: in RFC editor queue.

SASL
- draft-ietf-sasl-scram: in RFC editor queue, waiting for GS2.
- draft-ietf-sasl-gs2: went through IETF last call; on the agenda 
  of the 2009-12-03 IESG telechat.
- (not WG item) draft-melnikov-sasl-scram-ldap: was approved by IESG;
  now in RFC editor queue.
- (not WG item) draft-altman-tls-channel-bindings: went through
  IETF last call; delayed due to renegotiation discussions; 
  currently waiting for me to do something.

SYSLOG
- draft-ietf-syslog-sign: waiting for Alex to post a revised ID
  to address the DISCUSSes [since 2009-11-26]

TLS
- Did somebody mention renegotiation? (more than 1,000 emails this 
  month...) Currently waiting for the secretariat to start IETF 
  Last Call.
- draft-ietf-tls-extractor: waiting for Eric to reply to email
  [since 2009-10-05]; also in AUTH48.
- draft-ietf-tls-rfc4366-bis: it seems we need more text about
  server_name. Currently waiting until the renegotiation fix 
  progresses.
- (not WG item) see SASL WG for draft-altman-tls-channel-bindings
- (not WG item) draft-mavrogiannopoulos-rfc5081bis: this was submitted
  via the independent submission stream, but procedure-wise, it needs
  to be an IETF stream document. I've offered to sponsor this as
  non-WG document; waiting for the author to submit a revised ID 
  [since 2009-11-27]

OTHER DOCUMENTS

DISCUSSES (active -- something happened within last month)

- draft-cain-post-inch-phishingextns: waiting for me to  
  take a look at version -07 [since 2009-11-24]
- draft-ietf-bmwg-ipsec-meth: waiting for authors to submit
  a revised ID [since 2009-10-22]
- draft-ietf-bmwg-ipsec-term: waiting for authors to reply
  to my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2009-10-22]
- draft-ietf-ntp-autokey: waiting for Ralph's proposal on
  how to proceed [since 2009-10-19]
- draft-turner-deviceowner-attribute: waiting for the author
  to submit a revised ID [since 2009-11-18]
- draft-turner-clearancesponsor-attribute: waiting for the author
  to submit a revised ID [since 2009-11-18]

DISCUSSES (stalled -- I haven't heard anything from the authors
or document shepherd for over one month)

- draft-ietf-eai-downgraded-display: discussion ongoing; currently
  waiting for the authors to reply [since 2009-10-26]
- draft-ietf-roll-home-routing-reqs: text agreed, waiting for
  the authors to submit a revised ID [since 2009-10-29]
- draft-ietf-sip-certs: discussion ongoing; currently waiting
  for the authors to reply [since 2009-10-26]
- draft-solinas-rfc4753bis: waiting for authors to reply
  to my comments [since 2009-09-24]

DISCUSSES (presumed dead -- I haven't heard anything from the authors
or document shepherd for over three months)

- draft-cheshire-dnsext-nbp: waiting for authors to reply to my
  comments [since 2008-12-03] (pinged again on 2009-04-30,
  2009-06-09, 2009-10-29)
- draft-ietf-bfd-base: text agreed, waiting for authors to submit 
  a revised ID [since 2009-03-19] (pinged again on 2009-04-30,
  2009-06-09, 2009-10-29)
- draft-ietf-dime-diameter-api: waiting for Dan to get WG's opinion 
  on whether this will be useful and if yes, why [since 2009-06-18]
- draft-ietf-sipping-policy-package: waiting for draft-ietf-sipping-
  media-policy-dataset to progress (or more information from Robert)
  [since 2008-10-28]

--end--