Subject: [secdir] Review of draft-ietf-16ng-ipv4-over-802-dot-16-ipcs-06

From: Shawn M Emery <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 12:49:55 -0700

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG. These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

This draft describes the frame format required to transmit IPv4 packets 
over a sublayer of IEEE 802.16 that handles packet based protocols.  The 
I-D also outlines the procedures for MTU and address assignment with 
said sublayer in the context of IPv4.

The security considerations section does exist and defers to the 
security aspect of the mobile/wireless communication to that which is 
described in IEEE 802.16.  Outside of this they leave security in scope 
of the underlying network, such as WiMAX.  This seems reasonable to me, 
though it would be nice to have updated links for each of the referenced 
architectures, see below.

General comments(s):

None.

Editorial comment(s):

Abstract: If you're expanding IP then you may want to expand MAC.

s/0 = 1/0 =/
s/\nif an MS/  If a MS/

IEEE802_16: Can you provide a link?

The http://www.wimaxforum.org/technology/documents URL is invalid.

-- 
Shawn.