Subject: [secdir] SECDIR early review request for draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-security-groupkeying

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 08:02:30 +0000

Dear SECDIR,

I am pleased to inform you that TSVWG has started the WG last call on 
"Applicability of Keying Methods for RSVP Security" with an intended 
status of Informational. This draft is about RSVP security and the 
chairs would like to receive an early SECDIR review to confirm this is 
ready for publication. The WGLC runs until the 4th December.

Abstract

    The Resource reSerVation Protocol (RSVP) allows hop-by-hop
    authentication of RSVP neighbors.  This requires messages to be
    cryptographically signed using a shared secret between participating
    nodes.  This document compares group keying for RSVP with per
    neighbor or per interface keying, and discusses the associated key
    provisioning methods as well as applicability and limitations of
    these approaches.  The present document also discusses applicability
    of group keying to RSVP encryption.

The draft is available at this URL on the tools page:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/tsvwg/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-security-groupkeying/

Best wishes,

James & Gorry
TSVWG Co-Chairs