Subject: [secdir] secdir review of draft-xli-behave-ivi-05

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 19:16:27 -0500

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

This nicely documents what seems to be a rather clever way of helping
IPv6 and IPv4 interoperate, using a sort of address encapsulation
mechanism.  I like the document, I think the scheme it documents is
interesting and useful, and I see no problems with publication
(including from a security perspective; the Security Considerations
section seems adequate).

The document lists its intended status as Informational, while the
tracker shows it as Experimental.  Either could work, of course, but
Informational seems more appropriate here.

Barry
-- 
Barry Leiba  ([email-masked])
http://internetmessagingtechnology.org/

---

From: Xing Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 22:23:03 +0800

> Informational seems more appropriate here.
Thank you very much for the review and the comments. xing