Subject: [secdir] [New-work] W3C Workshop: Future Standards for Model-Based User Interfaces

From: Ian Jacobs <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 13:07:51 -0600

Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to announce an upcoming W3C Workshop:

   Future Standards for Model-Based User Interfaces
   13-14 May 2001
   Rome, Italy
   http://www.w3.org/2010/02/mbui/cfp
   Hosted by CNR-ISTI [1]
   Co-Chairs: Dave Raggett (W3C) and Fabio Paternò (CNR-ISTI)

Participants will examine the challenges facing Web developers due to
variations in device capabilities, modes of interaction and software
standards, the need to support assistive technologies for
accessibility, and the demand for richer user interfaces. Discussion
will focus on reviewing research on model-based design of context-
sensitive user interfaces in relation to these challenges, and the
opportunities for new open standards in the area of Model-Based User
Interfaces.

Important dates:

   Now: Notify us of your interest in participating in the
        workshop, see the requirements for participation [2].
   2 April: Deadline for submission of your statement of
            interest, see [2].
16 April: Acceptance notifications and registration instructions sent.
           Program and accepted statements of interest posted on the  
Workshop site.
30 April: Deadline for Registration
13-14 May: Workshop

You should consider participating in this workshop if you are in one
of the following communities:

• Model-Based (or Model-Driven) UI technology vendors and developers,
including open source projects.
	• Companies that own solutions for the development of multi-target,
context-sensitive, adaptive User Interfaces.
	• Companies seeking to exploit Model-Based Approaches internally.
	• Software vendors or open source projects that currently offer XML-
based languages for the description of user interfaces targeted to the
desktop environment.
	• Government organizations seeking to the standardization of UI
development.
	• Academic researchers with an interest in Model-Based UI Development.

The Workshop is free of charge and open to anyone, subject to review
of their statement of interest and space availability.
If you have any questions, please contact Dave Raggett <[email-masked]>.

More information is available in the Call for Participation:
     http://www.w3.org/2010/02/mbui/cfp

Ian Jacobs, Head of W3C Communications

[1] http://www.isti.cnr.it/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2010/02/mbui/cfp.html#requirements_for_participants

--
Ian Jacobs ([email-masked])    http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs/
Tel:                                      +1 718 260 9447

_______________________________________________
New-work mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/new-work