Subject: [secdir] Review of draft-ietf-mediactrl-mixer-control-package-10

From: Shawn M Emery <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 11:49:48 -0700

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG. These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

This draft describes usage for managing mixers used in media conferences 
and connections.

The security considerations section does exist and references the XML 
media RFC, 3023, with the possible implications of using XML for command 
and display purposes.  In regards to media mixer usage this draft 
references the control framework draft, 
draft-ietf-mediactrl-sip-control-framework, for security issues 
regarding session establishment, transport protection, and control 
channel policy management.  After reading the referenced drafts I 
believe that there are no additional threats that the 
draft-ietf-mediactrl-mixer-control-package draft does not already 
account for.

General comment(s):

None.

Editorial comment(s):

Security considerations:

Section 11 of [I-D.ietf-mediactrl-sip-control-framework] is incorrectly 
referenced, should reference 12.  This occurs 3 times.

-- 
Shawn.