Subject: [secdir] draft-ietf-netlmm-mip-interactions-06

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 00:25:10 -0400

*
I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG. Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments
just like any other last call comments.

This is an Informational draft discussing various IPv6 mobility
scenarios that involve interactions between MIPv6 and Proxy MIPv6
(PMIPv6). For security considerations, the draft refers to the
comprehensive Security Considerations section of RFC 3775 (Mobility
Support in IPv6) and to RFC 4832 (Security Threats to Network-Based
Localized Mobility Managemen). I am not an expert in this area and
found the shear amount of detail in this draft, which was produced by
merging 4 different earlier drafts, somewhat confusing. However, it
looks to me like the referenced security considerations sections and
the discussions in the draft cover security adequately.

Typos/Grammer:

Section 3, second sentence:
OLD
                                               This document does not
                                                             ^^^^
   only focus on scenarios where the two protocols are used by the same
   mobile node to manage local and global mobility, but it investigates
                                                        ^^
   also more complex scenarios where the protocols are more tightly
   ^^^^
NEW
                                                This document not
   only focuses on scenarios where the two protocols are used by the same
   mobile node to manage local and global mobility, but also investigates
   more complex scenarios where the protocols are more tightly

Section 3, page 9, line 4:
OLD
   depicted in the figure.  However, the LMA and HA can be also
                                                        ^^^^^^^
NEW
   depicted in the figure.  However, the LMA and HA can also be

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
155 Beaver Street   +1-508-634-2066 (home)
Milford, MA 01757 USA
[email-masked]
*

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 08:10:35 +0300

Donald,

Thanks for your review.

Jari

Donald Eastlake kirjoitti:

I have reviewed this document as part of the security
directorate's

ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by
the

comprehensive Security Considerations section of RFC 3775
(Mobility

Support in IPv6) and to RFC 4832 (Security Threats to
Network-Based

Localized Mobility Managemen). I am not an expert in this area
and

found the shear amount of detail in this draft, which was
produced by

merging 4 different earlier drafts, somewhat confusing. However,
it

looks to me like the referenced security considerations sections
and

Typos/Grammer:

OLD

This document
does not

^^^^

only focus on scenarios where the two protocols are used by
the same

mobile node to manage local and global mobility, but it
investigates

^^

also more complex scenarios where the protocols are more
tightly

^^^^

NEW

This document not

only focuses on scenarios where the two protocols are used by
the same

mobile node to manage local and global mobility, but also
investigates

OLD

^^^^^^^

NEW

Thanks,

Donald

Milford, MA 01757 USA

[email-masked]