Subject: [secdir] sec-dir review of draft-ietf-avt-rtp-gsm-hr-03

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 21:34:05 -0400

Hi,

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's 
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the 
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the 
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat 
these comments just like any other last call comments.

   This document specifies the payload format for packetization of the
   GSM Half-Rate speech codec data into the Real-time Transport Protocol
   (RTP).  The payload format supports transmission of multiple frames
   per payload and packet loss robustness methods using redundancy.

After reading this draft I feel that the authors have conveyed all
necessary security considerations that this codec adds to RTP.
Therefore, I find no security issues with this document.

-derek

-- 
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       [email-masked]             www.ihtfp.com
       Computer and Internet Security Consultant