Subject: [secdir] draft-ietf-isis-ipv6-te-07

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 23:57:02 -0400

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

This document primarily specifies the IS-IS code points and
TLV/sub-TLV data structures for IS-IS support of traffic engineering
and generalized multi-protocol label switching. The Security
Considerations section is probably correct when it says that it raises
no new security considerations. However, I would like to see a
Reference to RFC 5304 added as pertaining to general IS-IS Security
Considerations.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street
 Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

---

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 15:33:30 +0100

> Reference to RFC 5304 added as pertaining to general IS-IS Security
If we replace the security text with:

    This document raises no new security issues for IS-IS; for general
    security considerations for IS-IS see [RFC5304  <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5304>].

Will that  address this concern?

(i.e. make it the same as RFC 5305 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5307>)

- Stewart

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 11:09:28 -0400

Indeed, that would be fine for me..

Thanks,
Donald

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 10:33 AM, Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]> wrote:
>    security considerations for IS-IS see [RFC5304].
>
> (i.e. make it the same as RFC 5305)
>
> - Stewart
>
>
>