Subject: [secdir] Review of draft-ietf-ippm-twamp-reflect-octets-07

From: Shawn Emery <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2010 00:00:56 -0600

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's 
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG. 
These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security 
area directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat these 
comments just like any other last call comments.

This draft describes two optional features of the Two-Way Active 
Measurement Protocol (TWAMP):

a. The ability of a controller host to tag packets to allow simplified 
identification.
b. A sender packet format that allows test packets of equal size to be 
sent each way.

The security considerations section does exist and I've followed the 
references to the One-way Active Measurement Protocol (OWAMP) security 
considerations section, which TWAMP extends. OWAMP has a nice write-up 
of the various attacks and how to mitigate such attacks. I don't believe 
the new TWAMP features discussed in this draft introduces any new 
vectors beyond what OWAMP/TWAMP already has.

General comments:

None.

Editorial comments:

Closing parentheses missing:
(by the Server or
Session-Reflector

Shawn.
--

---

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 12:34:25 -0400

Thanks, we'll correct this in the next version.
Al

At 02:00 AM 8/8/2010, Shawn Emery wrote:
>...Editorial comments: