Subject: [secdir] Review of draft-ietf-ltans-xmlers-08

From: Shawn Emery <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 00:38:03 -0700

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG. These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

This draft outlines XML schema and rules for Evidence Record Syntax (ERS).

The security considerations section does exist and states that tracking 
security suitability of cryptographic algorithms is out of scope for 
this document.  It goes on to say that different Evidence Records should 
be generated for the same data object in case a particular algorithm 
becomes weak or an attack is discovered.  On secure time stamps; the 
draft gives guidance on the strength of the algorithm to use between 
normal, archival, and renewal purposes.  I agree with the above points 
and do not find other issues in the draft.

General comments:

None.

Editorial comments:

None.

Shawn.
--