Subject: [secdir] [new-work] WG Review: Metric Blocks for use with RTCP's Extended Report Framework (xrblock)

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 10:38:17 -0800 (PST)

A new IETF working group has been proposed in the Real-Time Applications
and Infrastructure Area.  The IESG has not made any determination as yet.
The following draft charter was submitted, and is provided for
informational purposes only. Please send your comments to the IESG mailing
list ([email-masked]) by Tuesday, January 18, 2011.               

Metric Blocks for use with RTCP's Extended Report Framework (xrblock)
-------------------------------------------
Current Status: Proposed Working Group
Last modified: 2010-12-03

Chairs: TBD

Real-Time Applications and Infrastructure Area Directors:
  Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
  Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>

Real-Time Applications and Infrastructure Area Advisor:
  Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists: TBD

Description of Working Group:

RFC3611, "RTP Control Protocol Extended Reports (RTCP XR)" established
a framework to allow new information to be conveyed in RTCP, 
supplementing the original report blocks defined in RFC 3550, "RTP: A 
Transport Protocol for Real-Time Applications".

The XRBLOCK working group is chartered to work within this framework, 
evaluating proposals for report block definitions containing new 
metrics.  The group will follow the guidelines established in RFC5968, 
"Guidelines for Extending the RTP Control Protocol (RTCP)" and RTP 
Monitoring Architecture being developed in the RTPCORE working group.

Goals and Milestones:

Mar 2011  Submit RTCP XR Report Block for Measurement Identity
Mar 2011  Submit RTCP XR Report Block for Burst/Gap Discard metric 
          Reporting
Mar 2011  Submit RTCP XR Report Block for Burst/Gap Loss metric 
          Reporting
Jun 2011  Submit RTCP XR Report Block for Concealed Seconds metric 
          Reporting
Jun 2011  Submit RTCP XR Report Block for Delay metric Reporting
Jun 2011  Submit RTCP XR Report Block for Discard metric Reporting
Sep 2011  Submit RTCP XR Report Block for Jitter Buffer Metric Reporting
Sep 2011  Submit RTCP XR Report Block for Loss Concealment metric 
          Reporting
Sep 2011  Submit RTCP XR Report Block for Packet Delay Variation Metric 
          Reporting
Dec 2011  Submit RTCP XR Report Block for Run Length Encodings of 
          Discarded Packets
Dec 2011  Submit RTCP XR Report Block for QoE Metrics Reporting    
_______________________________________________
new-work mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/new-work