Subject: [secdir] SecDir Review of draft-ietf-l3vpn-mvpn-infra-addrs-02.txt

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 21:43:33 -0500

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

This document appears to concern provider multicast routing using BGP
in the context of "Multicast in MPLS/BGP IP VPNs",
draft-ietf-l3vpn-2547bis-mcast, where the customer traffic and the
provider facilities may independently be IPv4 or IPv6. The type of
customer traffic is explicitly indicated and this draft primarily
provides for various field and message restrictions or, in other
cases, that the provider traffic type (IPv4 or IPv6) will be
determined explicitly from the length of the provider addresses, so as
to remove ambiguity. It is basically an encoding matter and does not
particularly seem to change the sensitivity of the messages involved.

It's Security Considerations simply points to
draft-ietf-l3vpn-2547bis-mcast-bgp-08.txt which is already in the RFC
Editor's queue. Considering the nature of the draft being reviewed,
that seems adequate.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street
 Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]