Subject: [secdir] sec-dir review of draft-groves-sakke-00.txt

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 18:21:12 -0500

Hi,

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's 
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the 
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the 
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat 
these comments just like any other last call comments.

   In this document the Sakai-Kasahara Identifier-Based Encryption
   algorithm (SAKKE) is described.  This uses Identifier-Based
   Encryption to exchange a shared secret from a Sender to a Receiver. 

This review does not analyze the security of the SAKKE cryptographic
algorithm.  The security considerations section does the same.

I see no security issues with this document.

-derek

-- 
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       [email-masked]             www.ihtfp.com
       Computer and Internet Security Consultant