Subject: [secdir] Review of draft-ietf-ecrit-phonebcp-17

From: Shawn Emery <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 14:37:38 -0600

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's 
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG. 
These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security 
area directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat these 
comments just like any other last call comments.

This draft outlines best current practices for devices, networks, and 
services to use standards on placing emergency calls over IP networks.

The security considerations section does exist and defers to RFC 5069 
and the geo-priv architecture draft for security considerations.  After 
reading the RFC and the referenced draft, I don't believe that this BCP 
is adding any new security concerns.

General comments:

None.

Editorial comments:

s/[RFC5031]. MUST/[RFC5031] MUST/

Shawn.
--