Subject: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-intarea-ipv6-required-01

From: Ondřej Surý <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 09:30:37 +0200

I have reviewed draft-ietf-intarea-ipv6-required-01 as part of the
security directorate's ongoing effort to review all IETF documents
being processed by the IESG.  These comments were written primarily
for the benefit of the security area directors.  Document editors 
and WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other last 
call comments.

I agree with the security considerations of this document, which says
"there are no direct security considerations, but existing documented
security considerations for implementing IPv6 will apply".

I also wholeheartedly agree with the contents of the document (IP is
IPv4+IPv6 and not only IPv4), but from my IANAL-view I have a little
concern about enforceability of the document and the impact on
implementors and vendors.  Nevertheless the document is correct from
the technical viewpoint and we needed this document decade ago.

O.
--
 Ondřej Surý
 vedoucí výzkumu/Head of R&D department
 -------------------------------------------
 CZ.NIC, z.s.p.o.    --    Laboratoře CZ.NIC
 Americka 23, 120 00 Praha 2, Czech Republic
 mailto:[email-masked]    http://nic.cz/
 tel:+420.222745110       fax:+420.222745112
 -------------------------------------------