Subject: [secdir] Review of draft-ietf-sidr-ghostbusters-14

From: Shawn Emery <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 00:33:45 -0600

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's 
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG. 
These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security 
area directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat these 
comments just like any other last call comments.

This standards track draft describes a new record that allows a Resource 
Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) user the ability to look up a point of 
contact for notification of current or eventual issues (e.g. certificate 
expiration along a path to the trust anchor).

The security considerations section does exist and states that there is 
no OTW protocol implication.  It goes on to state that Ghostbuster 
Records could provide information for telemarketers and spammers.  
However, this is no different from what already exists in whois data, 
for example.

General comments:

I love the name of this draft, quite fitting ;)

Thank you for the background reading section, lots of reading but very 
helpful.

Editorial comments:

s/who responsible a the CA/who is responsible for the CA/
s/a NOC, ..../NOC, etc./

Shawn.
--