Subject: [secdir] Review of draft-ietf-avtext-client-to-mixer-audio-level-05.txt

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 15:11:44 +0200

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's 
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the 
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the 
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat 
these comments just like any other last call comments.

This document describes a extension to the RTP to indicate the audio
level of stream without the need to decode and measure the stream
received. This is needed so conference call mixer does not need to
decode all streams to be able to detect which of them contains audio
and which should be forwarded to participants.

The security considerations section seems to include good analysis on
what security properties this extension could have (including
denial-of service attack, and passive listeners infering information
about the conversation).

I see no issues with this document. 
-- 
[email-masked]