Subject: [secdir] review of draft-amundsen-item-and-collection-link-relations

From: "Dan Harkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 10:13:32 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

  I have reviewed draft-amundsen-item-and-collection-link-relations as
part of the security directorate's ongoing effort to review all IETF
documents being processed by the IESG. These comments were written
primarily for the benefit of the security area directors. Document
editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other
last call comments.

  This draft adds two new kinds of web links for "item" and "collection"
to allow web resources to identify a relationship as part of a collection
and, back the other way, for the collection to identify items that
comprise it. Web links were defined in RFC 5988 and that document has a
nice Security Considerations section. I see no security issues with this
draft that would warrant any special mention and the Security
Considerations of this draft basically state that.

  My only nit is to get rid of the passive voice in the Security
Considerations, that is: 's/are not believed to/do not/'.

  regards,

  Dan.