Subject: [secdir] secdir review of draft-ietf-ospf-rfc3137bis-03

From: Tom Yu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 14:29:11 -0500

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

The Security Considerations section of this document states:

   The technique described in this document does not introduce any new
   security issues into the OSPF protocol.

I believe this is true.

Editorial comments:

* The acronym LSA appears in this document, but there appears to be no
  expansion of it in the document.

* Section 2 mentions MaxLinkMetric, but the document doesn't define it
  until Section 3.  I looked in vain in the OSPF RFCs until I realized
  this document newly defines this value.  Consider indicating this
  forward reference in Section 2, e.g. "...set to MaxLinkMetric
  (defined in Section 3)".