Subject: [secdir] secdir review for draft-ietf-simple-simple

From: Stephen Hanna <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 17:18:47 +0000

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

This document provides a guide to the many specifications related to
SIMPLE (SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions).
The document is quite useful for people like me who know little about
SIMPLE and would like to get a quick overview. Bravo to the authors!

The Security Considerations section of the document states that
"This specification is an overview of existing specifications, and
does not introduce any security considerations on its own." I agree.

I did notice one thing that may be a typo. Section 3.2 says:

   RFC 4975, The Message Session Relay Protocol (MSRP) (S):  [RFC4975]
      defines a small text-based protocol for exchanging arbitrarily
      sized content of any time between users.

I don't understand the words "of any time". Maybe they're supposed
to say "of any kind"? Or "at any time"? Not a big deal but the text
is confusing.

Other than that little glitch, I think the document is ready to go.

Thanks,

Steve

---

From: Tina TSOU <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 22:42:33 +0000

Dear all,
I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other last call comments.

This document looks good to me, ready for publication.

Thank you,
Tina

---

From: "Carlos Pignataro (cpignata)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 23:05:45 +0000

Thanks Tina!

Thumb typed by Carlos Pignataro.
Excuze typofraphicak errows

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 07:32:58 -0500

Thanks Stephen for the comments. Great catch on the typo. It is indeed
supposed to say, "of any kind" and has been fixed.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan Rosenberg, Ph.D.
[email-masked]
http://www.jdrosen.net