Subject: [secdir] Secdir review of draft-leiba-urnbis-ietf-namespace-01

From: "Hilarie Orman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 23:49:21 -0700

Secdir review of Registration of Second-Level URI Namespaces Under "ietf"
draft-leiba-urnbis-ietf-namespace-01

Do not be alarmed.  I have reviewed this document as part of the
security directorate's ongoing effort to review all IETF documents
being processed by the IESG.  These comments were written primarily
for the benefit of the security area directors.  Document editors and
WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other last call
comments.

>From the Abstract:

   RFC 2648 defines the "ietf" URN namespace, and defines a number of
   sub-namespaces.  RFC 3553 defines an additional sub-namespace,
   "params", and creates a registry to document allocations under that.
   But there is no registry that lists, in one place, all sub-namespaces
   of "ietf".  This document creates and populates such a registry.

I agree with the author's assessment that there are no security
ramifications.

Hilarie