Subject: [secdir] Secdir review of draft-ietf-eman-rfc4133bis-06

From: Vincent Roca <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 19:27:26 +0100

Hello,

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

--

This document is an update of RFC4311. It therefore inherits, updates
and improves the security considerations section of that RFC.
This section seems well written and accurate. I just have a small comment.

I see there's a wide range of techniques to secure communication with MIBs.
This document specifies a Mandatory To Implement solution (USM with AES),
mentions a SHOULD  support solution (security features of RFC3410), as well
as a MAY support approach (TSM with SSH/TLS).That's a lot.
I imagine there are good reasons (I don't know the SNMP/MIB domain) to do
that...

Cheers,

   Vincent

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 22:15:54 +0100

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for your review.
See in line
> these comments just like any other last call comments.
This comes from
http://www.ietf.org/iesg/directorate/mib-doctors.html
     -> http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/ops/trac/wiki/mib-security

Regards, Benoit