Subject: [secdir] sec-dir review of draft-ietf-dime-realm-based-redirect-11

From: Derek Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 15:39:08 -0400

Hi,

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's 
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the 
IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the 
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat 
these comments just like any other last call comments.

   Message redirection is a basic capability provided by the Diameter
   base protocol.  In its conventional form, message redirection is
   performed by an application-independent "redirect agent", which
   returns one or more individual hosts to the message sender as
   possible destinations of the redirected message.

   However, in some circumstances an operator may wish to redirect
   messages to an alternate domain without specifying individual hosts.
   This document specifies an application-specific mechanism by which
   that can be achieved.  New applications may incorporate this
   capability by reference to the present document.

The Security Considerations section offloads to RFC6733.  Other than a
bunch of English editorial issues (which I'm sure the RFC Editor will
handle) I see no significant issues with this document.

-derek

-- 
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       [email-masked]             www.ihtfp.com
       Computer and Internet Security Consultant